• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glass door Humidor

Detroitmister

im no professional but i would assume since these are used in stores and in the store they usually keep the whole store humidified as well as the cabinets themselves it would lead you to believe that they do not keep the humidificion well at least not for the home. unless of course you can keep where ever it is in your home at 70/70

I saw one of these over at the local Costco, and thought that I'd love to have it myself. The only thing I would have done to it, would be to put a felt strip between the two sliders to help give a better seal. Other than that, I don't think it would have been bad for long term storage.

Hey brother, do us a favor and go over to the "Introduce Yourself Here" thread and post an introduction so that we may get to know something about you. Wouldn't want people to think you're rude now would you. :)

Dang, I want it. Where is it?

Seriously though, I've often questioned the seal on sliding doors. It might be smart to look at a sliding door for a house, which must have a fair seal on it to keep the cold out. If the humidor looks the same, it would probably seal ok.

Well.......I bought it! It was an awesome deal ($200) :D . The doors do have a seal using weather strip and felt.....very cool design. Now my question is, what kind of humidification device do I put in it? I want to set it and forget it. (and not have to fill it up every week) Any recomendations? The unit is 6.8 ft tall x 3.8ft wide x 1.4 deep. Thanks! -Aaron
humidorlarge.jpg

Well.......I bought it! It was an awesome deal ($200) :D . The doors do have a seal using weather strip and felt.....very cool design. Now my question is, what kind of humidification device do I put in it? I want to set it and forget it. (and not have to fill it up every week) Any recomendations? The unit is 6.8 ft tall x 3.8ft wide x 1.4 deep. Thanks! -Aaron
humidorlarge.jpg

7.5 lbs of beads and some Oust Fans :D

humidorlarge.jpg

7.5 lbs of beads and some Oust Fans :D
Thanks, for the bead idea, but its getting hard to find the oust fans! :rolleyes: I was thinking more like the Avallo Accumonitor 20-40. Is this the way to go? Any other ideas? I want to do this right the first time. Thanks -Aaron

I can highly recommend the Avallo humidification systems, and from the size of that humidor, I think their 20-40 system would be the way to go.

I recently completed a retrofit of an existing cabinet:

Cabinet retrofit

where I used the 20-40 model, and have been quite pleased with it. It's, by no means, the cheapest solution out there, but they are about as sit and forget as these things go.

Good luck, and enjoy your new humidor.

Aaron- I see a Moist-N-Aire on the top part of that humi... Did that come with it? If it did, use that for the top part and get a Cigar Oasis II for the bottom...

Good to go! If not, get the Avallo...

Take a picture of your money so you can remember what it looks like... Filling that humi up will be fun, but pricey... :D

Regards,

BT

Aaron- I see a Moist-N-Aire on the top part of that humi...

X2

I would think this M-N-A would be enough. Get a bunch of beads (I would imagine a couple of pounds...) and spread em all over the cabinet.

I'm sure there are several guys here that can give you some guidence on humidifying a large cab like this. Good luck and keep us posted!

mac

Aaron- I see a Moist-N-Aire on the top part of that humi... Did that come with it? If it did, use that for the top part and get a Cigar Oasis II for the bottom...

Good to go! If not, get the Avallo...

BT
Hi BT,
Yes the moist-n-aire did come with it. I think I will try that first. I am also thinking of tapping into the Moist-n-aires fan to add another. If I do it right, whenever the M-N-R comes on, the remote fan will come on too! Will this be enough? Or, I can make some fan come on with a timer. I will add beads too. (with a digital hygrometer) Great suggestions so far, any more? Thanks -Aaron

Aaron- Good score for $200.00!

From what I have read and seen, the M-N-A should be able to handle that whole cabinet. The cabinet looks to be two sections, top and bottom. Is there vent-holes/slats between the top and bottom sections?

If so, again, I think the M-N-A will probably handle the whole thing... You may want to add circulating/Oust fans like some others have said...

If not, you've probably already figured out you will need another humidifying device. I have an Oasis II and love it. It handles large areas, has circulation fans built in, and holds ALOT of distilled... Set and forget, for us lazy bastards!

Good luck buddy...

Regards,

BT

With all that glass I'd find a dark corner for it. Sun shining on it will most liklely make the temp inside go all over the place.

Good score I think.

The humidor is open between the parts. It looks like 2 parts, but is really one big cavity. And thanks, I did find a corner out of the sunlight for it. I have 2 ideas for a fan. One is a fridgecool, a fan that constantly runs on 2 d cell batteries for a month. Or a small 4" 110Volt fan that I will put on a timer. Any thoughts?
fridgecool.jpg
lakewoodfan.jpg