• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glass top Cohibas

JBL11183

Lurker
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has been talking about this box of Cohibas his sisters boyfriend gave him. We were talking today and he brought them up again. I asked him what he was keeping them in and said he should let my put them in one of my humidors because its been a few weeks I have been hearing about the and they were bound to dry up. He said "You thing they will go bad, even though they still are in the cellophanes and I have kept the Glass top closed on the box?"

He said they smoked pretty good though...I am trying to get a few from him and I will post some pics

A good friend of mine has been talking about this box of Cohibas his sisters boyfriend gave him. We were talking today and he brought them up again. I asked him what he was keeping them in and said he should let my put them in one of my humidors because its been a few weeks I have been hearing about the and they were bound to dry up. He said "You thing they will go bad, even though they still are in the cellophanes and I have kept the Glass top closed on the box?"

He said they smoked pretty good though...I am trying to get a few from him and I will post some pics

That's funny and sad all at the same time. Did he know they're fakes?

Unfortunately, this is exactly how people find out that they were "taken." Often times I hear people mention, "I didn't have the heart to tell them they wasted so much money," however in the long run, it can prove to be an educational experience that further develops one's interest and involvement in the hobby. Though when gifted, it brings up some very interesting circumstances...often times leaving the door open for the purchaser to be duped again.

I'm sorry your friend was the unfortunate recipient of fakes, but on the bright side, it can be a learning experience in further developing a knowledge for ISOM's and though research, can enhance one's ability of spotting fakes....even though you don't have to do much research to learn about glass tops. :laugh:

Well,at least he didn't pay for them. ;)

....you don't like the thread, then don't post in it.

I don't think he meant it in a disrespectful tone Brian.

I had to chuckle to my self when I saw it his post too JBL11183. It does get kind mundane on the amount of "so and so went on vacation and brought back the genuine glass top Cohiba" post.

No disrespect was meant, but if you have been around here for awhile you would find the humor in it.

That's funny and sad all at the same time. Did he know they're fakes?

He had no idea he said they were great. They were purchased in a store in the resort he said. Can't trust anyone nowadays!

I tried to tell a friend not to buy some so-called "Cubans from a Cuban factory worker for a steal" but he was having none of it. Of course, he ended up with a Glass Top hand job. Greed is what allowed the con to work.

If it sounds too good to be true ... ;)

Steve

My father-in-law bought a 5'er of cohiba's in a box with a glass lid. He saved one for me and told me how wonderful they were. I really enjoyed cutting it apart and seeing how it was made:)

These are some of the greastest Cohibas available! The only ones rarer are the elusive vanilla Cohiba that are only available in certain markets and seasons :thumbs:

These are some of the greastest Cohibas available! The only ones rarer are the elusive vanilla Cohiba that are only available in certain markets and seasons :thumbs:

I got a nice aged one for you next time we meet up, Anthony.

I was at a golf tournament today and a guy came through the crowd with a glass top box of Cohiba torpedos. He was saying, "I got stogies. Anyone need to buy some stogies?" I almost stopped him to hear his story but one of the guys I was with had given me the last of a Montecristo glass top box of three 2009 ELs which I acted graciously about when he gave them to me. I didn't want him to hear me tell the other guy about his fake Cohibas.

On the way to Baghdad, I bought a 10-pack of siglo VI in the duty free.. Got to iraq, friend asked how much they were and he said, "man you got ripped off.. I got mine for way less!" They were in a bundle with plastic around the whole thing.. oh yeah, and they were pyramides except NOT maduro.. If he wasn't trying to one up me, I would have told them they were fake..