• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Glenmorangie Sonnalta PX

scthornton

Has anyone tried this scotch? I'm a big fan of sherry cask scotch and this one looks interesting. Any input would be appreciated.

Scott

Has anyone tried this scotch? I'm a big fan of sherry cask scotch and this one looks interesting. Any input would be appreciated.

Scott

Never tried it but BenRiach has a 15 YO PX in about the same price range that I've been thinking about. At this point, I'm maxed out on new bottles for the time being.

Scott
I've had it. It's in sherry cask, but the sherry isn't overwhelming. Not like Macallan, which I think is dominated by the sherry cask. Much more complexity. I get a subtle hint of bourbon. It's currently limited, but might be a year round item. I'd pick up a bottle.

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/store/pc/GLENMORANGIE-SONNALTA-PX-SINGLE-MALT-212p12601.htm

Thanks for the feedback. I do really like the sherry cask scotch's. I think I may pick up a bottle.

Thanks for the feedback. I do really like the sherry cask scotch's. I think I may pick up a bottle.
You also might want to try the Glenmorangie Lasanta. It's a little more like Macallan, but still different.