• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Go to Martini

Anyone have a "go to" martini, or other drink for your significant other?

Mrs. HFM is not a drinker and has the occassional glass of wine. Her favorite cocktail before dinner or going out is:

The Chocolate martini:

1 shot Stoli Vanilla
1 shot Godiva white chocolate liqueur
1 shot Godiva dark chocolate liqueur

Shaken over ice, poured into frosted glass

I have some cocoa chips and nutmeg in small pepper grinders that I lightly dust on the top.

She loves 'em.......

My wife liked something called a "Pink Lady" martini. She used to get that when we'd go into Providence for dinner and drinks. I have no idea what is in it.

the ms. KB likes sex on the beach... :cool:

Me and the woman are partial to Apple martinis.

Especially when I am at Gibsons in the bar area eating steaks and listening to some live rat pack era jazz..

I would argue that a TRUE martini is gin with a small or miniscule amount of white vermouth. All the flavored vodka drinks "appletinis" and such are not martinis but merely means of getting women drunk so men can have sex with them. These "martinis" can also be referred to as Roofie-coladas.

:sign:

-Rob

the one my bride likes is Hangar One w/ a touch of juice, then shaken for 30 sec (ice cold) then poured in a chilled martini glass, topped off w/ a slice of orange on the rim.

rob300c said:
I would argue that a TRUE martini is gin with a small or miniscule amount of white vermouth. All the flavored vodka drinks "appletinis" and such are not martinis but merely means of getting women drunk so men can have sex with them. These "martinis" can also be referred to as Roofie-coladas.

-Rob
[snapback]276231[/snapback]​

Got to agree, only instead of adding the vermouth directly, I like to "steep" a jar of olives in the vermouth.

Couple jiggers of your favorite gin, few ice cubes, couple "treated olives" ... Good to go!!

My ex used to prefer Cosmo's over every Martini, but also enjoyed the chocolate martini's as well.

Jack Straw said:
rob300c said:
I would argue that a TRUE martini is gin with a small or miniscule amount of white vermouth.  All the flavored vodka drinks "appletinis" and such are not martinis but merely means of getting women drunk so men can have sex with them.  These "martinis" can also be referred to as Roofie-coladas.

-Rob
[snapback]276231[/snapback]​

Got to agree, only instead of adding the vermouth directly, I like to "steep" a jar of olives in the vermouth.

Couple jiggers of your favorite gin, few ice cubes, couple "treated olives" ... Good to go!!
[snapback]276442[/snapback]​

They have 'Tipsy' olives which are already in vermouth!
vstolives_110x150.jpg

Probably cheaper to make them yourself though...

-Rob

Those tipsy olives are HUGE, and they are SO, SO, SO good.
All the fake martinis are just mixed drinks in a martini glass. It always gets me angry when I'm at a bar or restaurant and they advertise as having "over 200 martinis." What they hell? Martini, Dry Martini, Vodka Martini, Dry Vodka martini. Thats four. And one could argue that the last two don't count.

Gin can make me heave on the smell alone so Vodka is the only way. Wife doesn't like either and sticks to White Russians.

My wifes favorite at the moment is a Carmel Apple Martini.

2 shots Absolute
1 shot Butterscotch schnapps
1 shot Apple liqueur

And to top it off, you drizzle caramel around the rim of the glass.

Way too sweet for my tastes, but she loves them.....

According to the British Army Survival manual, when one is lost, he should begin to make a martini, because as sure as hell, someone will show up, and show you how to make it diffrently. :D

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
According to the British Army Survival manual, when one is lost, he should begin to make a martini, because as sure as hell, someone will show up, and show you how to make it diffrently. :D

Doc.
[snapback]285146[/snapback]​

And that somebody will be a US Army Ranger, or, I dare say it, a Marine.... :cool: after they show the Brit how to properly use a compass.... Hooah!! :D

Marine? Why would a Marine need a compass? They only know how to go one way. Foward. Semper Fi.

Doc.

I could Triangulate like it was nobody's business and I was Airwing... I loved to use the compass when out training. Anyone else here do S.E.R.E. training?

Devil Doc said:
Marine? Why would a Marine need a compass? They only know how to go one way. Foward. Semper Fi.

Doc.
[snapback]285974[/snapback]​

LMAO! Roger that Doc.