• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going back to Philly, to Philly, to Philly!

The best cheesesteaks in Philly aren't from Pat's, Geno's, Tony Luke's, or Jim's. But if you're coming from out of town and will be inside the city limits and want to experience the experience - then my vote is for Geno's! I get American without, and cheese fries.

Have fun while in town man.

My concern is time.
If that were not a consideration, then TL's and the afternoon at Holt's would be just fine!

It's about 10 miles from Ditman to Tony Lukes....then 6 back up to Holts.
What's the 'drive time' (on 95?)?

If 16 miles adds an hour in the seat...then Market St may be the place to go.

We have to be in Lansdale bewtwee 2-3pm.

The best cheesesteaks in Philly aren't from Pat's, Geno's, Tony Luke's, or Jim's. But if you're coming from out of town and will be inside the city limits and want to experience the experience - then my vote is for Geno's! I get American without, and cheese fries.

Have fun while in town man.

My concern is time.
If that were not a consideration, then TL's and the afternoon at Holt's would be just fine!

It's about 10 miles from Ditman to Tony Lukes....then 6 back up to Holts.
What's the 'drive time' (on 95?)?

If 16 miles adds an hour in the seat...then Market St may be the place to go.

We have to be in Lansdale bewtwee 2-3pm.

Lets work for the point of when will you get to and be finished with your business on Ditman?

All the rest will work off of that. Have I not taught you anything about coordination, punctuality and military bearing? :D

Lets work for the point of when will you get to and be finished with your business on Ditman?

All the rest will work off of that. Have I not taught you anything about coordination, punctuality and military bearing? :D
ETA @ Dtiman - 9-9:30am.
Time there 1/2-1HR.

To be honest... if you grab a cheesesteak from just about any pizza place between where you are and Holt's, it will be really good in my opinion. Hell even the cheesesteaks from the roach coach's are still pretty good! If you said you would be on the Penn campus there are places either around campus or on South St. that are great. No names off hand but just cruise around or ask anyone on the street they'll tell you where a good one is and chances are it'll be better than the touristy places.

From Holt's out to Lansdale (which is by me!) will probably take you 45 mins. to an hour depending on Saturday traffic.

Time there 1/2-1HR.

Is 1000 hours to early to eat cheesesteak? This maybe hard to do if you need to get to Allentown by 1400-1500.

95 is an easy on easy off. The main arteries are Rte 76 and variations of 76 once in Philadelphia.

Time there 1/2-1HR.

Is 1000 hours to early to eat cheesesteak? This maybe hard to do if you need to get to Allentown by 1400-1500.

95 is an easy on easy off. The main arteries are Rte 76 and variations of 76 once in Philadelphia.

No...Lansdale, PA by 1500(latest). It's just North of Philly.

I figure we'll have 2.5-3.5 hours for lunch and a smoke.
Heck...we could go right to Holt's - or another shop around 10am...then lunch!
Or do both at once?!

:D

Time there 1/2-1HR.

No...Lansdale, PA by 1500(latest). It's just North of Philly.

I figure we'll have 2.5-3.5 hours for lunch and a smoke.
Heck...we could go right to Holt's - or another shop around 10am...then lunch!
Or do both at once?!

:D

Well that could work, if we go right to Holt's and worry about food after.

Sounds like a good trip: Holts, Cheesesteak, Cheesecake and mooching cigars off of Anthony and Gary. Too bad I live so far.

Sounds like a good trip: Holts, Cheesesteak, Cheesecake and mooching cigars off of Anthony and Gary. Too bad I live so far.

Road trip, if you start now you can get here by 1000 tomorrow ;)

How did this work out?

I just saw a Throwdown with Bobby Flay on Cheesesteaks in Philly, and I can't remember for sure who the Philly guy was, but I think that Tony Luke's guy. He made a point of explaining what a real Philly steak was (thin sliced ribeye, melted provolone, onions) vs. the one he makes with the Broccoli Rabe.

How did this work out?

I just saw a Throwdown with Bobby Flay on Cheesesteaks in Philly, and I can't remember for sure who the Philly guy was, but I think that Tony Luke's guy. He made a point of explaining what a real Philly steak was (thin sliced ribeye, melted provolone, onions) vs. the one he makes with the Broccoli Rabe.

Now your just being mean! LINKY

Search is your friend!

I was in Philly for the first time last month, and had an incredible cheesesteak sub at Campo's on Market Street. Steak, peppers and "wit" (cheese whiz, I think). Damn it was good...

Philly Cheesesteak.. meh.. so overrated. Head into Chester to Dicostanza's and get a good one. That bunk they serve ya in Philly ain't what it used to be. Skip the steak and head over to Sarcone's on 9th street. Get yerself some red pie. Then head down to Termini's and get yer cheesecake or even better, but a half dozen Canoli, some Biscoti and a Rum Baba.

Philly Cheesesteak.. meh.. so overrated. Head into Chester to Dicostanza's and get a good one. That bunk they serve ya in Philly ain't what it used to be. Skip the steak and head over to Sarcone's on 9th street. Get yerself some red pie. Then head down to Termini's and get yer cheesecake or even better, but a half dozen Canoli, some Biscoti and a Rum Baba.

Look at that...it's takes CHEESE STEAK to bring out hte old timers!

:laugh:

You're not trying to pad your post count now are you?!

LOL! it's time for myonce a year posts. LOL! I just don't get around the boards like I used to. Stoagie was over my place last night and reminded me about here. Soooo, I thought I'd pop in.