• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to an LCDH

Johnny B

A buddy of mine is going on trip to Mexico and will be within driving distance of a LCDH and is gonna make a pit stop for me.

I’m gonna send him with a shopping list. What do y’all recommend?

Just remember the prices for cigars in Mexico are quite high. Don't want you to get sticker shock when he tells you what they cost.

I get nervous even at a lcdh in Mexico. Of course the only one ive been to is in Cabo. I trust them to an extent. I’m not buying a box, and I’m not going after super high end. I feel like the middle range of smokes is cheap enough that it isn’t worth the time to fake.

But in Cabo, so many fakes can be found it’s unbelievable. Post pandemic maybe it’s a little different, I dunno. Some of the fakes aren’t as bad as you would think. I’m sure to have had 1 or 2 over the years. Huh…is it too early to say “post pandemic” yet? lol

Depends what your tastes are. Partagas Serie D #4 is still one of my all time favorites. I used to love Monte #2 but the quality control has really gone down hill. I also really like a Bolivar Royal Corona.

Just remember the prices for cigars in Mexico are quite high. Don't want you to get sticker shock when he tells you what they cost.
I second this thought. The only thing I bought in Cancun was something I couldn‘t find anywhere else because typically if you can find it on the web from a reputable vendor it will be less expensive.

edit to can to couldn’t…….

Last edited:
Also, make sure he gets a way to bring it home safely and humidified, especially if he's going to be a while before you get them.

Oh, if he tells you they come in a fancy presentation box with a glass top, I’d be very wary. Ok scratch that, wouldn’t buy them lol or anything from that place.

LCDH is cool, and it'd be fun to see one. Given the quality retailers available, I'm not sure you're ahead to buy from an LCDH, hope it gets through customs, and stays properly humidified on the way home. If I were in town, you bet I'd hit one for some smokes, and for the experience. For the humidor, I trust the on line guys and can't remember ever being let down. As they say, one man's opinion.....

Oh, if he tells you they come in a fancy presentation box with a glass top, I’d be very wary. Ok scratch that, wouldn’t buy them lol or anything from that place.
Haha for sure. I told him to stay away from anything in a glass top box.

I also told him not to worry about grabbing me anything. He told me he was going to Mexico and knew that I enjoy cigars and asked if I wanted him to grab me some while he was down there. I told him that an LCDH is the only place I could recommend him buy cigars from and to stay away from glass top boxes.

He was able to make it in to one last week and sent me a picture with a turbo of a monte, a ryj and a partagas. They were in a resealable cigar bag with a boveda.

Knowing that he’s never smoke a Cuban cigar and is new to the cigar pastime, I encouraged him to take his time with those and tell me what he thought about them when he gets back.