• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to Italy...can I bring some of my Cigars

Franco593

I'm going to Italy in about a week for vacation....anyone know the regs for bringing cigars into Europe?

I would probably check with the Italian Customs Agency or some equivalent with respect to importation guidelines.

Wilkey

My first thought would be as long as you are not bringing multiple boxes or some outrageous amount you will be fine. The cigars you will be bringing should obviously be for personal consumption, and Italy has no embargo with any other countries that I know of that would limit the type of cigars you can have.

When travelling to other countries I always bring cigars for personal consumption in one of my Otter boxes, anywhere from 10 to 25 cigars, and I've never thought twice about it.

Of course all of the above is my personal thoughts and maybe Italy has some obscure laws that I don't know about.

I believe you are allowed to bring up to 50 cigars with you on your journey. I am currently in London and I packed a travel humidor with fifteen smokes. On other European vacations, I have travelled with more and sometimes less but I have never encountered a problem, regardless.

-Mark

edited to add. Since Italy is a member of the EU, and I've been to quite a few EU countries, I do not believe the case would be any different.

My wife and I go abroad every year and I always bring my cigars along with me. I have never had a problem as I hand carry my travel humidor with me and it is always checked and always passes. Leave the bands on the sticks so they aren't having to worry about whether or not it is contraband. Enjoy the trip to Italy as it is a great place. If you rent a scooter there be very very careful as there are hardly any road rules as my wife and I quickly learned,,,but we still had a blast!

You seem like a nice guy, why don't you post an introduction so we can get to know you better... :)

Hi

I don't think that should be a problem. Which airports are you going via or are you travling directly? Maybe you can find some bargains at the airports you know :)

Where in Italy are you going? I might have a trip report that can help you :)

Hi

I don't think that should be a problem. Which airports are you going via or are you travling directly? Maybe you can find some bargains at the airports you know :)

Where in Italy are you going? I might have a trip report that can help you :)

Flying into Florence via Zurich. 3 days in Florence then 9 days just outside of Sienna in Tuscany...

Hi

Well, sounds like the trip that my wife and I did last summer. We stayed 4 days in Florence and checked out the various attractions there. Check out this trip report with pictures and links http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm

Then we hired a car, drove via Pisa (to see the leaning tower) to Castellina in Chianti where we stayed for 6 days. With the rental car it was easy to drive to Greve, Siena, SG, Montalcino etc. Here is the trip report http://gardkarlsen.com/tuscany_italy_travelogue.htm . Have a great trip :)

The_David_Piazza_della_Signoria_Florence_tn.jpg
scene_from_San_Gimignano_tn.jpg

Your reports are very detailed and incredibly helpful. Thanks for the information...

like I said ...3 days in Florence and then 11 days here

http://www.spannocchia.com/index.cfm and we will do days trips to Pisa,Siena and the tuscany region.

thanks again for you info!!