• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to London tommorow on Business

Don't let them fool you. London is pretty cheap. Now a trip to Moscow, Russia will enlighten you how cheap every city is with one exception being Tokyo which is the 2nd most expensive city in the world. Will see if Moscow or Tokyo takes top honors this year. Since they flip back and forth on that title.

London is expensive... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I predict Oslo.

Horrible news. Desmond retired and took all of his goodies with him. I also stopped by JJ Foxx and they have a limited fuente story set that was made for them with 4 BBMF (2 Natural 2 Maduro). I am not sure if it is worth it at 165 Quid. What do you guys think?

You are look at close to $300 so umm yeah. Even I would be hard pressed to buy it and I'm a Fuente whore.

Don't let them fool you. London is pretty cheap. Now a trip to Moscow, Russia will enlighten you how cheap every city is with one exception being Tokyo which is the 2nd most expensive city in the world. Will see if Moscow or Tokyo takes top honors this year. Since they flip back and forth on that title.

I predict Oslo.

I would not even doubt it.

I predict Oslo.

I would not even doubt it.

I do...here is some examples. Moscow is home to 74 billionaires, the most of any city in the world. I can not speak about Oslo as I have never been there myself. But as for Moscow...get ready for a shock.

Prices for an ok Laptop : Hovers around $4000 US.
A small piece of cheese cake and a passable cup of coffee: $20 to $30
Alcohol for really good Vodka: $6 US for a bottle
Pack of named brand cigarettes like Camels: $1 to $1.25 US
Forgot to add a price of a crappy unknown Honduran cigar: $50 a stick

Now say an example of a loaf of fresh baked bread: $3 US +

Getting around Moscow is super cheap as the Metro and the Yellow Trash Can on Wheels is just rocking. But when it comes to eating out, either eat at a dive and hope you live aka like the "Death Camp" at the Moscow State University where you will pay $5 to $6 US for a meal. Now it will generally either be cold, under cooked or close to being raw, and or so greasy that the soup will have a 1" layer of grease on top of the soup.

If that doesn't kill you, then the pollution will. It has nearly 12 million people living in the city which actually covers the largest area of any city in the world but not population wise. Avoid drinking the tap water as its just not that healthy far you. And with the cost of housing, its just a mad house there as most jobs tend to be under paid. Thus you will see tons of beggars all over the place. One Metro line you walk out smells like a rotting whore house. I kid you not. I forgot which one it was but I never went back on my explorations. Another metro you walk over to the other side of the street and you will see 1000's of homeless either drunk or passed out in front of the train station in North East Moscow.

I would be surprised to see Moscow knocked off at the most expensive city in the world this year as its held the title for 3 years and the prices just keep rising there. The rich keep getting richer while the poor keep getting poorer. I couldn't tell you how many times the old lady that took the trash to the dumpster that dumpster dived for anything she could use. Friends of hers would stop by to pick up whatever she could give them. When I left, I tossed down perfectly good clothing in a bag and some food that was fine. Its bad there. And I would go back in a heart beat. As the society is very interesting to watch. :D

I just moved back from London. If you want to go enjoy a cigar indoors, the only place is La Casa Del Habano which is at 100 Wardour Street in SOHO. It's next to Floridita and is a short (and easy) walk from the Piccadilly Circus tube stop. They don't serve alcohol because you can't smoke in a bar. They get around the law by allowing cigar sampling.

Cheers,
Brian

I was over in Oct. 2009 and went to JJ Fox of James Street.

I got a little happy and dropped 400 pds but I still believe it was worth it.

12 Hoyo Double Coronas from 2004 (no extra charge for the age), some aged H. Upman's, some the new Monte line (Regatta etc.).
Smoked one of the aged cubans over the holidays and it was wonderful.

Either way, I chose not to do the exchange rate translation or look at the statement when it came. Luckily neither did the wife.

But you only live once and as far as I know, the UK gets some of the best quality from our friends on ISOM.

I am going back over next week and will be looking for some place to enjoy a smoke or two. Always a challenge these days.

Open to suggestions.

I was over in Oct. 2009 and went to JJ Fox of James Street.

I got a little happy and dropped 400 pds but I still believe it was worth it.

12 Hoyo Double Coronas from 2004 (no extra charge for the age), some aged H. Upman's, some the new Monte line (Regatta etc.).
Smoked one of the aged cubans over the holidays and it was wonderful.

Either way, I chose not to do the exchange rate translation or look at the statement when it came. Luckily neither did the wife.

But you only live once and as far as I know, the UK gets some of the best quality from our friends on ISOM.

I am going back over next week and will be looking for some place to enjoy a smoke or two. Always a challenge these days.

Open to suggestions.

I think grateful1 used to live there, you might want to PM him for advice. He might still have some connections in the 'entertainment' industry over there too, I know he worked in transgender burlesque for a bit doing Elton John covers....

I think grateful1 used to live there, you might want to PM him for advice. He might still have some connections in the 'entertainment' industry over there too, I know he worked in transgender burlesque for a bit doing Elton John covers....

I never covered Elton...he always wanted the top...

:p