• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gold Rush : Alaska

Philbass

Do you think these guys are actually going to mine any gold? I wonder how much they are going to make just from the TV show? Anyways, imo this is one of the slowest, addicting tv series. New episode tomorrow!

Of course they will find Gold. The question is how much. Enough to cover the costs? I do like to watch it too. The suspense is in finding the gold.

I've been to alaska twice, there is no place like it. The best thing I remember of alaska was the fresh clean air. It just made you feel more alive. thats funny i'm talking to cigar guys about fresh air... :sign:

I don't think they would have even aired the show if there didn't find gold. They do film these things in advance, at least the first 4 or so episodes.

I would have punched Dorsey in his veejay a long time ago. That knucklehead never would have even made the cut. They must have been really desperate for stupid people when the show first started.

We watch it but if I was there, i'd probably would have given the old man a Columbian Necktie by now. His voice is like finger nails on a chalk board. "No guts, no glory." :laugh:
I wonder how much they are getting off being filmed. They hit gold but will they cover all their costs? No idea...I loved the fact they found out they have been doing it wrong the whole time
and makes one wonder how much they let slip through.

I haven't had a chance to watch this show yet though i have a couple episodes on tivo. Been watching my backlogged episodes of undercover boss lately that show is kinda funny. Been working to much lately to catch up on my tv shows 70 hours a week will do that to ya. Would you guys recommend this show?

Watched the season final tonight. I could tell you what happened, but let's just say "65 million" kept on popping up on the TV screen.

like most reality shows based in Alaska... I started watching one episode, turned it off and never bothered with another. Except Sarah Palin's.... never even watched a second of that trash.

Great article in today's paper about the idiots and shooting of the bear...

Watched the season final tonight. I could tell you what happened, but let's just say "65 million" kept on popping up on the TV screen.

I will spoil it for you then. Next Friday Season 2 kicks off and they showed a pretty good sized gold nugget in the pan. :p

They kick off season 2 next Friday? I thought they said Fall?

The first season was a big let down to me. They show teasers in the previews of all the gold they supposedly find, but in reality the teasers really ARE all the gold they find. A few flecks in a pan. Then, they get snowed out and go home.

I'd say the funniest part was Dorsey crying like a baby to the sheriff about getting clocked. Take it like a man!

It's like a lot of reality shows: it takes an hour for nothing to happen. Biggest reason I don't watch most of them. My 15-year-old son loves this show, though, and I figure there are a whole lot worse things he could be watching.

It's like a lot of reality shows: it takes an hour for nothing to happen. Biggest reason I don't watch most of them. My 15-year-old son loves this show, though, and I figure there are a whole lot worse things he could be watching.

Yeah like Jersey Shore!!!!

I've only seen one partial episode. The one where that dudes daughter had a seizure and they rushed her to the hospital......

I think I'll stick to American Pickers.

What is with the "Glory Hole" anyway.Bunch of guys up in the woods for along time .Long nights digging in the old "Glory Hole" O.K. probably nothing going on but mining, never mind.

I will spoil it for you then. Next Friday Season 2 kicks off and they showed a pretty good sized gold nugget in the pan. :p

Watched the final final final episode "Full Disclosure" and it is not looking good for them.
I don't think there will be a happy ending unless they can get back to Porcupine creek which Fred might take over :0
That would suck if he did.

From my understanding Season 2 hasn't recorded yet.

What is with the "Glory Hole" anyway.Bunch of guys up in the woods for along time .Long nights digging in the old "Glory Hole" O.K. probably nothing going on but mining, never mind.
Dave - Nice try. We know you are intimately familiar with glory holes. That is the only reason to watch this show....it is dripping with pubescent humor. The main character is Jack Hoffman for gods sake!