• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good bye CP...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Its that time I guess. When a member can not even make a joke, its time to quit. Its been a great time here, but the board has gotten so serious lately that its sucking the very fun out of the membership here. And when its no more fun, then there is no reason to stick around any more. For those that I met, its been a pleasure and maybe will see some down in KC at the Outlaw events.

But its time for my good bye. Take care and take it easy.

This is a damn shame.

I no no other way to say it than that.
Loren, thank you for all that you have given to CP. I hope to met you one day in person.

Tim

It's cyclical Loren. I'd suggest taking a break, before leaving for good.

Well, whatever it was, I missed it.

WTF lately?

I'll see you at the Outlaw Loren. Watch your health.

I guess I missed it too. Reviewing your recent posts shows nothing that I can see to warrant leaving.

Maybe he is just referring to the 'General Mood' of CP lately?

Good luck mate. I hope you have a brilliant time in the future. CP or not.

Yeah, he didn't say "I can't make a Joke". People used to say, "Don't come in here and try to change the place" Too late it's done.

Were all very 'PC' here, I've noticed. But it's been like that since I've joined.

It is certainly commendable trying to avoid stepping on peoples toes... but damn if some people have huge toes here.

Yeah, he didn't say "I can't make a Joke". People used to say, "Don't come in here and try to change the place" Too late it's done.
Jokes and sarcasm are always the hardest thing to convey on a message board.
Invariably they are taken the wrong way.

This goodbye does seem overly dramatic though, kind of like “goodbye cruel world…”

Later on Loren. I wish you would stay, and just take part in those areas of the forum you enjoy, but if it has to be then it has to be. I'm sure we'll meet at the Outlaw at some point.

This goodbye does seem overly dramatic though, kind of like “goodbye cruel world…”

Very hard. Things get twisted easily. I hope Loren just takes a break.

The topic in itself seems overly dramatic to me. Why is there a need to raise the white flag when you can just walk out the door? I can understand the frustration, but I can't understand giving up on CP.

In my opinion this has been the major problem as of late. There seems to be a huge push to change CP and the way it has been run. We are losing a lot of good people who helped build and kept this site safe. Again in my opinion I did not see much that needed fixing. If it is not broke do not try to fix it. Just my .02 cents. I did not know you personally Loren. What I had seen on the boards you seemed like a stand up guy and a top notch BOTL. I hope you return and I wish you well.

If the motorcycle thread is the impetus of this I fail to see the "joke" in that whole situation.

We've had people banned in the past for making cracks about someone's lost dog ending up on a Chinese restaurant menu. SEE HERE I don't think sensitivity in matters of race, nationality, etc. is anything new around here. It seems to fall into the "touchy" subjects part of the rules.

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion by everyone involved. Had it been handled from the start like adults handle things, the whole thing could have been avoided.

There was also a time when a thread like this would have been the subject of ridicule. It would have been considered "look at me" to the n[sup]th[/sup] degree. However, things do change.

???

What is going on around here lately? Are we all this thin-skinned that simple jokes and jabbing send us into a tizzy?

We're all grown men and women here people... Did we forget that?

Did we forget that we're able to talk things out like civilized human beings?