• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cigar lighters, any suggestions?

shadowryder1

I paid more than I care to admit for a Prometheus torch ligher. I loved it but the finish hasn't held up and the darn lighter won't work now. I use good fuel, it either flares way up, no matter where the setting, or won't work at all.

Any suggestions for a good lighter that lasts but doesn't cost a small fortune? Say $50 or under?

DT

Blazer. You can get 'em for around $40 and they work like a dream :)

Honestly, I am partial to matches. I have had quite a few lighters and NONE of them work.

I do have a 2 $50 lighters on order, but I don't expect much from them.

CC- question for you- Does a zippo ruin the taste of the cigar at first?? I have heard that they do, but I am not sure.

Please let me know what YOU think on the subject.

Thanks bro!

Phil

Ah Phil, I'm so glad you asked that. I should have mentioned this in my previous post:

I've smoked thousands of cigars over the years and have lit them with everything under the sun.

I challenge anyone to discern the difference between a cigar lit by a zippo and a cigar lit by:

A wooden match
A paper match
A $450.00 Dupont lighter
Any butane lighter (if I can ever find the darn thing AND get it to work!)
A disposable Bic lighter
The flame from your acetlyene torches in the garage (yep, I've done that too!)
The flame from a burner on your gas stove (this one as well!)

Okay, I may be going out on a limb here and will probably hear some opinions to the contrary but maybe it's because my ability to taste is not as refined as some others.

Also, I have been part of many discussions on the whole Zippo topic and again, I've come to the conclusion that it does not make any difference nor ruin any cigar if you use a Zippo. :thumbs:

I really appretiate your input on that. I have been curious for quite some time but since I had only heard bad things...........I stayed away from them.

I have quite a few zippo lighters that I have purchased from various countries and they seem to last FOR EVER!!!! You can't find a better lighter IMHO, but they do smell strong and I wasnt sure if that smell would become a "taste" or "flavor" in a cigar.

I am going to try this with a few of my cheaper cigars and see if I notice a difference.

Thanks again,

Phil

usu. windy here in MN, cannot get the zippo to stay lit.

try TIGER, can get for $20 or less (usu. less), try Ebay too.
they look kinda cool and work great I.M.(and other's)O.!

have never noticed a big diff. intaste dep. on how i light it.

if you smoke 10 a day you might, but I cannot.

:thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
A wooden match
A paper match
A $450.00 Dupont lighter
Any butane lighter (if I can ever find the darn thing AND get it to work!)
A disposable Bic lighter
The flame from your acetlyene torches in the garage (yep, I've done that too!)
The flame from a burner on your gas stove (this one as well!)
Guilty as charged...on all the above.LMAO :D

No doubt about it:

1. Dupont Extend
2. Blazer

That's all folks...

coventrycat86 said:
Used Zippos!!

$5.00 at any tag sale!!
I agree :thumbs:

I usually get ridiculed once a year, but my lighter always works ;)

I have been thinking about the Dupont.

BUT SPENDING THAT MUCH I MIGHT AS WELL USE A MATCH AND BUY A WHOLE BOX OF ISOM!!!!

So until I have too many gars (if that is possible) I'll have to find a cheaper solution. i am gonna hafto check out LB's BLAZER cause he sounds like he stands behind it!

Thanks guys!

oh and ROTFLMAO! This is TFF

Although I collect zippo lighters I don't like using them on cigars. Not due to the fumes but it just doesn't get the cigar going like a torch lighter does.

I will have to check out those blazer lighters. Thanks folks.

DT
:D

I've used the same Blazer for almost seven years, no problems. Get the original
BLZPB207. :thumbs:

Blazer Torches

thejollyco said:
but it requires a business address.
Jolly, I've never had a problem with ordering from them using my home address.

In accordance with Consumer Safety Products Commision regulations, BLAZER products are not available for sale to the general public. These products are available for sale to commercial and industrial purchasers only, and will only be shipped to valid business addresses. Please provide a valid state tax identification number when ordering BLAZER product.

the self igniting butane micro torch "the original".

oooooo looks freakin awesome.

i have a dupont xtend that i like.