• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cigar lighters, any suggestions?

CCat - I've tried lighting cigars with my zippo (Mine's a little more expensive than yours, bought in Paris ... but a zippo is a zippo :p) and it DEFINITELY changes the taste. What brand fluid do you use? That could have a great deal to do with it.

On a normal basis, I use either:

a) my $10 triple flame torch that I got from my local shop
b) the Nibo butane flame lighter I got from Jolly
c) my cheap-a$$ free torch lighter that came with my humi from Thompsons (bday gift from my parents - this one is in my desk at work).

If I use a zippo, I have to torch the stick without drawing through the flame, or it becomes pretty-much unsmokable.

For my everyday type lighter I use Blazer! It may not be the most glamorous lighter out there but it sure is dependable and works fine all the time! I just ensure that I use a good fuel (only Lava) and blow out the jets with compressed air every couple of weeks and it works like a dream!

Aloha,

Wade

No you're not... I like Colibris too! I have the original cigar lighter from Colibri.. I believe it's called the Prime Minister... a single dual, wide flame and it still works great... had it since 1997. I also have a Trifecta that is awesome... only used on special occasions.

I know Colibri gets a bad rap from many herfers but I've had great luck with my two lighters. The only two rules I follow are... clean the jets regularly and use a high quality fuel (that means don't use the Colibri or Ronson fuels... LOL).

Aloha,

Wade

nibo !
dupont vip series :D

i use that for cigarillos or cigarettes... or whatever. it's fun to play with.

i have a $29 Colibri Quantum torch lighter, and it works like a charm!! Look into that. :D