• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cigars for 45 minutes in the cold

Dsav101

Women it seems are the antichrist.
I don't post too many new topics but this one intrigues me as I am getting ready to try and gear up for winter time and find some good smokes to hit off. :) I love CC's but do enjoy NC's as well. My honest favorites are Padron 64 maddies, BGMs, VR famosos, Liga privado no. 9, Monte Edmundo, RASS, Ashton VSG and even better ESG. I am still very new, so this is just as of now. I have not tried some of the staple CC's such as PLPC etc etc. Just curious what everyone was gearing up with as I smoke outside with just a small table sized propane heater to keep me warm. That is, when the hot tub is not in the picture for me. :) Thanks and lets make this a good discussion!!!

Don

Edit: To add that an hour smoke is ok as well, but more than that is a bit much. :) So lets say 45 mins to an hour smoke is what I am looking to find!

Seems like my answer to everything, but I think the Padron 2000 maddie fits the bill. Small, tasty profile and not terrribly expensive if you have to chuck it half way through cuz it is to cold outside. So there's my .02, good luck brother.

You know what bro, that is what I am talking about. A very nice smoke, yet still not too expensive that you are married to it till cold finger do you part! Keep this up gents and ladies!

Don

Just going by the cigars you listed but on a mildier (spl) winter/fall night a VSG Tre Mystique may be a good option too!! A bit more expensive but still a smaller smoke with a little bit of flare. A good cigar to go to on a warmer winter night, perhaps by a fire with some good spirits.

I'm also on the Padron Bandwagon. Try the Delicias. There is another line that is quickly getting into my common rotation. I'm really digging the Illusione line. Try the MK or 68 for good quick smokes.

Padron Londres, I think I got my box for like $50.
Sancho Panza Double Maduro.
I recently was turned onto La Riqueza by a fine BOTL from CP and these are now HEAVILY in my rotation. Quintero Brevas is a great, inexpensive cigar.
This is all I can think of for now. Hope it helps.

May I suggest Montecristos #5? I believe the vitola is Perla. I love these little things, I call them my quick smokes, although depending on the particular stick they can last 45 minutes or even a bit more - my guess is the wetter ones last longer. They are not too expensive either, although I rue to leave a good tasting cigar unsmoked, it won't break my heart to bail half way through.

For the NC, a Fonseca Matasa will clock at about an hour (and change, maybe) although it's a bit more expensive, it's on par with the Ashton pricewise. I have tasted them both recently, and actually like it more than the Ashton VSG.

I haven't smoked the Padron, but I don't doubt they are as good as the brothers say it is, and it's on my short list of sticks to try before winter.

Best of luck!

Sometimes I only have about 45 minutes between chores to sneak to the smoke shop to enjoy a cigar away from the house. If that's all the time I have, I try to look for the Punch Champion. Great taste, interesting shape and is well timed for 45 mins.

John B.

Padron 1926 #35
Partagas Short ISOM
La Riqueza #5

These are some of my favorites when I don't have a lot of time to smoke.

Excellent suggestions, JonDot. I'll add the PAM Principe and the Hoyo Petit Robusto

Some of my favorite shorter smokes so far:
1. LFD chiselito
2. DPG Blue/Black perlas
3. Tatuaje Petits

I'm also working on stocking up for winter, the cold combined with finals and semester projects coming to a close=no smoke time.

I do love the Sancho Panza Double Maduro good smoke and the shortest of the double's will last about an hour rp

Very nice suggestions gents! Alot of these sticks I have yet to try, so this will really help me not only find the smokes in sizes I am looking for, but to vary what I smoke much more. :) Some, like the padron 2k maddie, and the part shorts, and tat noellas size, etc etc I love, but alot of these are new to me and a great value as well! Thanks, and lets keep going. hehe.

Don

I recently tried the Partagas Habaneros since I was looking for a decent short smoke, and they fit the bill nicely. The Partagas Short was a little too mild for me, but still a decent smoke.

AF Hemingway Short Story is a NC that lasts about 45 min too.

You guys already picked some of my faves, but you missed one: the La Flor Dominicana Ligero 200 Cabinet Oscuro. I recently discovered these. A nice 4 7/8 X 40 size that makes for a really nice 30-45 min smoke. The 250's are also good but I seem to prefer the 200's.

Regards - B.B.S.

Avoid Cammy wrappers, claro wrappers and anything else that you find too fragile on a regular basis. They just can't stand up to the lack of humidity winter brings with it. When I was still smoking outside in winter, I ramped down my RH in the boxes so there would not be quite as big a difference between the cigar and the air.

I'll 2nd the PAM Principe. Great little smoke that never seems to burn too hot and never has draw issues. I'd like to add the Cabaiguan Guapos Junior to the list.