• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good cigars for 45 minutes in the cold

DPG Cuban Classic Perlas, Padron Delicias, 1926 #35, Hemingway Short Story or Best Seller, Sancho Panza, Opus #4 and #5 and Anejo 46 or 50 (about an hour), Tat Bombazos.....

You could always go with a bigger value stick like the Dark Sumatra, CAO's, Oliva... and put them down when you get to cold. Hell buy a bunch of Consuegra's or other seconds.

Hope things turn out well for you, I am pretty much in the same boat, er...I mean cold unheated garage.

Brandon

Guapo Jrs.
Short Stories

Couple other things: You can always cut a cigar in half as well. It works. I've done it many a time. Works better with longer cigars, rather than robustos. Don't forget the water trick for some of your fragile wrappers. Put your cigar under running water for a moment. Lastly, as I often find myself in the garage smoking in colder conditions, I will use a heating pad as well. That helps tremendously. Heater at the feet, pad on the ass, hat and gloves. Course I have to listen to the wife go on about my geriatric device, but oh well... The heating pad makes my list of 5 things I couldn't live without. My wife plays DH...

Complete sidenote: Anyone else tried the Caribou cold coffee drinks? Those are the shit.

Ahh, how very true. The issue that has arisen is the price point. If it gets too cold outside, I would imagine some of the other very fine smokes at a much lower price point would be the way to go since I wouldn't mind leaving em if I got too cold. lol. I will certainly get some of the nicer sticks, but for the most part I am going to concentrate (to the wifes obvious glee) on the lower price point sticks. Connies I almost forgot about, but at a buck a stick they are awesome. :) Thanks to all that post, as I am learning plenty. I did not even think about wrapper, but it works out for me since I am not a huge fan of Cammies, which I think are the real thin wrappers?? Not sure on thickness as I am new and more trying to find my niche in taste and strength.

Don

Based on my experience here in northern MN:

If you're going to be outside in sub zero weather forget anything other than maduros. Corojo, Cameroon, Criollo, CT Shade all will bust on you below 0*F. If it's between 0*-20*F then maduros and most sungrown wrappers will be fine if you're not out too long. Over about 20*F anything other than Cammies should be OK, but I'd try the moistening trick mentioned earlier. At 30* or above, I've never split a wrapper, but Cammies have come close. I'm going to be using the moistening trick on all Cammies this winter as long as it's below 40*. I'll also be smoking my pipes a lot more.

Good luck!

:)

Well, we don't get quite the cold you get up there, but for us the lowest is most likely single digits with the majority of days hanging around 20 degrees or so.

Don

Avoid Cammy wrappers, claro wrappers and anything else that you find too fragile on a regular basis. They just can't stand up to the lack of humidity winter brings with it. When I was still smoking outside in winter, I ramped down my RH in the boxes so there would

Some cameroon wrappers are a little fragile - I'd still recommend the Oliva Serie G Special G for an outside smoke. Good (with a somewhat rustic cameroon wrapper), short, and relatively inexpensive.

I'd also recommend a heavy coat, but I'm Canadian, after all. :)

winter is just around the corner here in maine...short smokes come in handy..some of my favorites

Short stories
Partagas shorts
Tatueje Noella

thanks

Why haven't I seen Boli PC's mentioned? They're pretty quick and always a pleasure. As a newblian, did I miss something?

Trinidad Reyes
Monte Petit Edmundos (w/ a hot coffee)
5 Vegas A minis (nice 15 minute smoke)