• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good or Bad ?

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.
I have been checking out the Famous Smoke Shop web site and was thinking of ordering from them for Xmas.
Do any of my BOTL have any experience with this supplier ? . :whistling:

I have been checking out the Famous Smoke Shop web site and was thinking of ordering from them for Xmas.

Send one of the retailers here a pm. They will take much better care of you!:thumbs:

Since you are still new to the board you could also do the Newbie Sampler located here... http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=29521

Send one of the retailers here a pm. They will take much better care of you!:thumbs:

How about for friends? I'm often asked for recommendations to a good online retailer and I'm forced to just shrug and tell them to avoid JR and to shop the cheapest source. I don't feel comfortable telling them to join a webforum, and randomly message somebody they don't know anything about.

This!

I ordered from Famous twice. Thought the dried out cigars with cracked feet that came the first time was just a fluke. They did replace them.

The second order was the same and ended up being my last. This was before discovering CP and it's many fine members that also happen to be retailers.

Never had a problem with Famous.
Very reputable dealer, IMHO.

Shop around for the best deals, as always.

Chemyst :cool:

Have ordered from Famous numerous times and never had a problem. Their Cigar Monster has some good deals on it.

This!

I ordered from Famous twice. Thought the dried out cigars with cracked feet that came the first time was just a fluke. They did replace them.

The second order was the same and ended up being my last. This was before discovering CP and it's many fine members that also happen to be retailers.

Mr. Fields and the rest of those who replied are totally correct. CP has great members who are retailer that can help you out.

First started buying from CI, Famous and other cigar retailers that are commonly found using internet searches. Their SEO team must do a good job or pay up the wazoo for Google/Yahoo/Bing ad space.

I think reading about cigars on those websites makes them sound good but nothing beats the recommendations here. Besides, Tower, Uptown, Puff, etc are great retailers and one of them should be able to help you.

Famous isn't bad, but the retailers that support these pages are better.

Spend your hard earned jack with the guys that take good care of us, and trust me, they'll take good care of you.....:cool:

x2. Advice of the year, IMO :thumbs:

Jeffrey L.

Not sure if I would go as far as post of the year, but do agree wholeheartedly.

How about for friends? I'm often asked for recommendations to a good online retailer and I'm forced to just shrug and tell them to avoid JR and to shop the cheapest source. I don't feel comfortable telling them to join a webforum, and randomly message somebody they don't know anything about.

I just had a situation like this, a friend who orders from Famous regularly. I just gave him the websites of the retailers here and told him to check them out even though they are not members. Famous cannot ship for free to where I live so that levels the playing field. Plus, I told him the cigars will be fresh and be packaged nicely.

If there was a special for the members on CP, I just piggyback their stuff on my order. :)

Famous is ok. I had one issue with them, and they were dicks about it, and have not ordered from them since. Though to be honest I probably would have ordered from them again, but then it finally dawned on me that small retailers are really being hurt by famous (and CI). There is no way an independent B&M can compete on price with famous (or CI). For all practical purposes both famous and CI are the Walmarts of the cigar industry, and as such I have chosen not to do business with either of them anymore. Sure, its probably tilting at windmills, but we can only do what we can do.

I ordered a 3 finger cigar case thing through them. Cheap, works well and it arrived promptly.

Thats about it!

I ordered from Famous a couple times before I joined here. After I joined here and found the retailers on this site, I have not ordered from Famous again.

Yeah the retailers here might be a bit more expensive (but not enough for me to worry about though), but the customer service that you receive is worth the extra couple bucks a box. The few times that I have ordered from the retailers here, there have been extra surprises in the package. Not that this happens every time (nor would I expect it to), but I know that I am helping out a fellow BOTL when ordering from the vendors here.

ETA - in the end though, it's your hard earned money, so spend it where you think is best.

I have ordered from famous and never had a problem, cigars where fine, no issues what so ever and some times the best price that I could find. Then I came to CP and have not ordered from them since. Instead I order from the cp vendors and have gotten better customer service and my cigars much faster. Not to mention when I call the stores they often remember me or at least know my cp handle. Never have I gotten that from a site like famous.

Ive had Dozens of orders through FSS sent to me when I was in Sydney mate. Fast posting and good service.
Although there are better deals out there.
The killer for me was the postage. A lot of retailers in the US will give you the option of post or courier. I can tell you there is not a lot of difference in the delivery times, so I was using the slow post. sometimes it would take 5 days sometime 3 weeks.
You want to deal with someone that puts in a humi pouch, most will charge for this but its a small price to pay for your cigar security.
There are a few retailers on the board that wuill look after you.
Shoot me a PM if you have anymore questions mate.

Gather some phone numbers from the great retailers here(my personal suggestions would be Uptown, Tower Cigars or Party Source) and give them to your friends when they ask.