• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good suggestion for friends

Danforz

Hey guys.

A buddy of mine who I did a box split a while ago (RyJ Deluxe #4 I believe) wants to do a box split with another group of friends of his and asked for a recommendation. They are all novice smokers and probably don't have the highest tolerance to tobacco. They will be smoking while playing poker. Price is a factor and I doubt they will want to break $200.

I'm thinking suggesting a Monte #4. Any other ideas?

H. Upmann Mag 46
JL Seleccion No. 1
PSD4
Punch Punch
RASS
VR Famosos

Decent sized smokes if for playing poker. Or, just get a couple bundles of JLP Cazadores or Brevas, good smokes for the price.

RASS
Bolivar Royal Coronas
X2 on these.

My choice, today, would probably be the RC's. They have been EXCELLENT, lately......
wub.gif

Dip #4 over the Monte #4 IMHO

Bart
For novice smokers, I would whole-heartedly agree....Cheap, mild and tasty. Monte's are a great choice too.

I recently went on a golf trip and took a box of Monte 4's. I handed 'em out after dinner one night and you would have thought I was handing out OR BGM's. The guys loved 'em ( and they were great BTW). Great thing is they were under $6 a pop, cheaper than BMFU's Macanudos.

I'm going to go with the Mag 46. I had one recently and it was very mild, and yet was not lacking flavor.

Illusione MK's, very tasty smokes, great size, 25 in a box, one of my personal favorites and for about $150 a box you can't go wrong!!!! :thumbs:

I definitely have to second the RASS suggestion. RASS RASS RASS!!!

For novice smokers on their sub-$200 budget, I would go for a box of Rafael Gonzalez Petit Coronas or Coronas Extra.

Any of the robustos mentioned are inexpensive and good choices, but I didn't see the RyJ Ex. No. 4 mentioned. It's a fairly light, flowery cigar which may suit their novice taste buds.

But, since you're looking for poker cigars, I'd recommend a larger cigar like the Diplo 2. A great cigar, perhaps my favorite right now, and within your price range.

Macanudos with fake bands. save the money and they won't know.

Why stop there? I'll purchase some dry cured cigars at Rite Aid and re-band those! :sign:

Heck, now that I think about it, why even re-band, tell them that you get all your ISOMs shipped bandless to avoid the authorities. Now not only do they think they're smoking Cubans, they think they're sticking it to the man even more explicitly!