• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good summer beers?

the mayor

had a Berliner Weisse at Nodding Head. it was an ultra-refreshing beer, real tart and airy. not sure if i could have more than 3, but something that would be perfect on a nice hot summer day. ive had the Sam Adams summer brew, its decent. Anyone reccomend any seasonal or just good beers for the summer?

Not a big fan of SA, only like their Black Laeger. If you can get it NB Sunshine Wheat and Loft beer are pretty good summer beers. They have a fruit like taste to them. Should be sold up North.

Also I like any Hefe-weiseen, favorites are Hacker-Pschorr and Spaten.

Gumballhead by Three Floyd's is an outstanding summer seasonal if you can ever get your hands on it.

I was gonna recommend the SA as well.

I've also developed a big liking to the Big Sky beers...

Moose Drool
Summer Honey
Scape Goat

Here in Texas, there's a brewery near Houston called St. Arnold. They make a summer unfiltered wheat beer calle "Lawnmower" that is pretty darned tasty.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's available outside of Texas. Although it might be available in Western Louisiana.

I might be able to send a six-pack someone's way if they ask real nice.

How about a Belgian Lambic? Sam Adams Cherry wheat is similar to a lambic. Otherwise I second the Moretti. Another good Pils is Pilsner Urquell. I tend to lean towards Euopean beers myself.

Bell's Oberon (formerly Solsun). It's the standard summer beer in most of Michigan.

Also I like high life for a good cheap summer beer. It always reminds me of summer.

A little game to play while you're drinking your Pilsner Urquell.

NOT WORK SAFE

Game

I've ben enjoying the six pack of Sierra Nevada Summerfest I just picked up.

mhortsch said:
I was gonna recommend the SA as well.

I've also developed a big liking to the Big Sky beers...

Moose Drool
Summer Honey
Scape Goat
[snapback]185293[/snapback]​

I got hooked on Moose Drool a few years ago on a trip to Missoula; absolutely love it! I have never had the Summer Honey; any good??

Lumberg said:
I've ben enjoying the six pack of Sierra Nevada Summerfest I just picked up.
[snapback]187026[/snapback]​

I will have to get some...I enjoy the Ale.

I really like the Sam Adam's summer ale myself

The Rouge Morimoto Imperial pilsner is fabulous..if a bit on the pricey side

My current favorite is the Summer Ale from the Alaskan Brewing Co. I moved to Alaska from Germany and this Kölsch-style beer isn't a bad rendition at all. If you can get it in your area, I recommend it.

You and Swissy ought to be good friends then, he loves that beer company.

I like some of the German wheat beers, but as emodx mentioned, Pilsner Urquell is an excellent beer anytime. I LOVE the saaz hop that they use.

considering Im under age ive never drank ;) but if I ever did I would have to say for a refreshing summer beer id have to go with the corona extra.

K&P