• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good times, Bad Times

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
My pop was rushed to the hospital last night with chest pains and was in atrial fibrillation (During atrial fibrillation, the heart's two small upper chambers (the atria) quiver instead of beating effectively. Blood isn't pumped completely out of them, so it may pool and clot. If a piece of a blood clot in the atria leaves the heart and becomes lodged in an artery in the brain, a stroke results.).
This happened a few weeks ago as well, and the ER docs were confident it could be controlled with meds until his appointment with his cardiologist (which was yesterday). They ordered some tests that were to be conducted on Monday the 24th, but last night my mom called me and said my dad was asking her to get dressed and call 911, he was in atrial fib for over an hour and wasn't converting to regular rhythm. My dad is a strong guy, he just turned 67, was a paramedic for 33yrs on the Providence Fire Dept, retired as a Captain, and leads a pretty active life. I am praying he is ok and the tests do not show any permenant damage and can be controlled with meds and exercise, the scariest thing about this is the possibility of a stroke.
Rob

My prayers are with you and your family.
My father had a very similar situation a few years ago and is doing great.

Seth

My thoughts are with him and your family Rob.

Brian

My prayers and thoughts are with him and your family!

Definitely a scary situation, Rob. Our thoughts, prayers and well wishes go out to you and your family.

Hopefully everything turns out ok for your Dad Rob. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Rob- my family will keep you and your father in our prayers!

I'm hoping everything will be ok! My prayers go out to your family.

Thanks guys, I am off to the hospital....gonna need a few glasses of burbon after this....and a good cigar. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.
Rob

All the best to you and your family. Hang in there...

Rob, prayers sent to you and your family for Pop's speedy and complete recovery.

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear about the scary news. Your dad is in my thoughts and I'm wishing for a speedy and full recovery.

Hang in there, bro.

Wilkey

Very sorry to hear about this, my father went through a similar series, my thoughts and prayers are with you.