• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got an Idea .... Tracking Inventory!

This is looking pretty good :thumbs:

A few years ago we talked about putting something like this online, so users could access their collections from any internet connected PC. Having everyone's data centralized would also enable the site to do some pretty neat things. Show favorite sticks by rating, by # owned, read & leave reviews, etc. You could also do trading or browsing other people's collections, with permission, of course.

That site never came to fruition, but I still have my cigar master database, even though its a few years behind now.

awesome idea. shouldnt take me very long to enter my 2 cigars into the database :(

Ok so here is where I am at right now. I have made a few changes but trying to get this out to you guys with some functionality as soon as possible. I wanted to normalize the table a bit more but wanted to develop something fast. Maybe I can make those adjustments in Version 2.0.

Main Menu
gallery_6182_366_16474.jpg

Contacts Form
gallery_6182_366_5787.gif

Inventory Form
gallery_6182_366_3079.gif

Cigar Detail Information Form
gallery_6182_366_849.gif

Almost there guys!

That looks VERY nice.
It would be a wonderful upgrade from Cigarbriefcase, which I'm currently using.

Would is allow for multiple humidors??

Looks good, can you add a “humidor” selection so those who have multiple humi’s, cooler’s, and/or lockers can keep track of the location of the sticks?

This is looking great!

I'd also ask for the ability to track the contents of multiple humis (I have five, for example) and print out an inventory (or export to word/excel)

Looks good, can you add a “humidor” selection so those who have multiple humi’s, cooler’s, and/or lockers can keep track of the location of the sticks?
Didn't I just ask that?? :whistling: :laugh:

Nice!!! I want to reserve my copy.

I make a lot of my own forms for work, so I really understand and appreciate the work you're putting into this.

OK my fellow BOTL's .... Db is done!

Not sure how I am gonna get this to everyone ??? ???, I've contacted Rod in hopes he can put it on the server and make it readily available to download.

Right now you have to have MS Access 2002 and up on your PC to use it. I am working on creating a standalone application so you wouldn't need MS Access.

Here is a link of the Db, I've WinZipped it:
Inventory Database Download

My email address is on the Contacts Form, feel free to email me any suggestions or additions.

Cool, I just downloaded it. :thumbs:
I will play with it for a few days and provide some feedback.

Thanks! I've downloaded and I'll provide feedback as I play...

I've also done form and DB work, so I know that this is not a trivial thing...

Thanks for putting the effort into this.

I have a labeler that I use to print labels for my boxes and single sticks. I use the following fields:

Brand
Name
Country of Origin
Wrapper
Vendor
Price
Date Rolled
Date Purchased
Date placed in Humi
Notes

(Yes, the labeler prints in a very small font ;) )

I've tried to do my own spreadsheets with the same info but never get too far as it is a bit of an unwieldly format. I would definitely be interested in whatever you come up with. Thanks for taking a crack at this.

- Tim

Does it come with reading glasses? :D

You should be able to revert it for older versions of Access, like I have on my office computer. Theoretically, at least.

Irregardless, many thanks for the thought and effort you've put into this. I can't wait to get to my home computer and play with it. What are your favorite sticks? I'll be sure to send you a few.

Well I tried using it last night and notice a few flaws, so i made the adjustments and updated the download, but I might be making a few more changes... back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your feedback.

It looks real nice. I wish you would make it so I could use it on my mac though. :whistling:

Hi! Nice DB! I did notice that your vitola and strength drop-downs don't work quite right. That wasn't such a huge correction.
However, I tried adding MSRP and I realized how long it had been since I had worked with Access!!!! :whistling:
I also thought that drop-downs would be nice for the tobaccos....

Meanwhile, I shall work on honing my DB skills!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work! Beats the hell outta Register!!!!!!!

This won't work for me for some reason. Is it because I have Access '03? Unfortunately I don't have a clue about using Access.

smellysell,

If you've unzipped the download, go to the file and right-click and select properties. At the bottom of that you should see an "attributes" area with a security section that you can click on "unblock". You should then have access to it. Assuming you haven't gotten past this point...... :blush: