• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got an Idea .... Tracking Inventory!

It looks real nice. I wish you would make it so I could use it on my mac though. :whistling:
Sorry switters not familiar with Mac's

Hi! Nice DB! I did notice that your vitola and strength drop-downs don't work quite right. That wasn't such a huge correction.
However, I tried adding MSRP and I realized how long it had been since I had worked with Access!!!! :whistling:
I also thought that drop-downs would be nice for the tobaccos....

Meanwhile, I shall work on honing my DB skills!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work! Beats the hell outta Register!!!!!!!
Thanks for the Quality Control I will get on it. There is a few things I am not liking as well. Trying to make the flow a bit better and hopefully put together a power point to show how to use it.

This won't work for me for some reason. Is it because I have Access '03? Unfortunately I don't have a clue about using Access.
I think I might know the issue ...
highlight the db, don't double click, then hold down the shift key while you now double click to open.
In the db window select modules double click basGlobals, a new window opens, in the tool bar select:

Tools--->References ... --->I want you to search and click Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library. Click 'OK' and open it up again Tools--->References ... --->, now position the Priority 3rd on the list of checked library's.

I hope this works for you! Access 2003 is defaulted to use ADO Library and I used DAO.

Thanks for all your feedback guys ... I will get this modifications done shortly.

Hi MAS.....how are those modifications going? Just checkin.... thought I'd offer some moral support.....not that I have any morals to speak of..... :laugh:

i just downloaded so thank you soo much for making this

WOW! this is a superb Program, I too am using Access 2003, I tried to do the modification but got lost when you said "In the db window select modules double click basGlobals, a new window opens, in the tool bar select: I am stupid or something but I can find no db window, all file menus show modules greyed out and unavailable, how do you add cigars to the list??? or delete from the list ? I added a humidor easy enough, but can't add a cigar.
I have never even used access before, so I am ignorant. please help

WOW! this is a superb Program, I too am using Access 2003, I tried to do the modification but got lost when you said "In the db window select modules double click basGlobals, a new window opens, in the tool bar select: I am stupid or something but I can find no db window, all file menus show modules greyed out and unavailable, how do you add cigars to the list??? or delete from the list ? I added a humidor easy enough, but can't add a cigar.
I have never even used access before, so I am ignorant. please help

Hopefully you can figure this out Scott and tell me how to do it!!! See ya at the herf tonight!

I d/l the program and haven't unzipped yet- but looks like a great program! Thanks for your effort Mas Puros!!

Hey all thanks for all your support ... I've started making a few adjustments but had to put it on hold.
Sorry hope to hit it hard and have something for everyone by the end of the month with a 'How To...' document.

Mike

Neat stuff.

You can creat it so it uses Access runtime.

(Right now it's giving me read only info) ID 10 T error! :D

Is there a place to put CC or NC? or do I just put that in the 'wrapper' field?

This is a really cool program Mike. Took me a while to figure out how to use it since I've never used access before, but I've got it down for the most part I think. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of things that are in the inventory, so I just replaced them. It also took me a while to figure out that I could just type in a brand if it wasn't on the list instead of constantly going to the "add/edit cigar list" section, and it would add it to the list. I've put some of my cigars in it and noticed a few glitches that have been mention already (vitola and strength drop downs don't look quite right for example), but my question is, when you clean it up and have everything working, will I have to start over from the beginning, or will what I have imput already transfer over?

but my question is, when you clean it up and have everything working, will I have to start over from the beginning, or will what I have imput already transfer over?
Thanks smelly!
I thought of that, so I seperated the db. Now it has a back-end and a front-end. The only thing I ask is you will need to rename the one you currently have a move it to your C:\ and the new one can be anywhere. This way any updates made will be to the front-end and won't over-write any saved data.

Hey all thanks for all your support ... I've started making a few adjustments but had to put it on hold.
Sorry hope to hit it hard and have something for everyone by the end of the month with a 'How To...' document.

Mike

Super 2 :thumbs: :thumbs: on the "How To"

THis guy is an Acess dummy

Tim

i have a quick ? how do i delete and entry?

I am adding that feature but if you want to look at the tables in the background...goto 'Window' option on the menu and select unhide, then click on the tables tab, you will see a list of tables, open the table and highlight the row you don't want...Click Delete...all done!

i have a quick ? how do i delete and entry?

I am adding that feature but if you want to look at the tables in the background...goto 'Window' option on the menu and select unhide, then click on the tables tab, you will see a list of tables, open the table and highlight the row you don't want...Click Delete...all done!

Now that's tech support!

I used to supervise the support for the yahoo store system (and a bunch of other products), and I promise you none of my techs looked anything like this chick. Tech Support... pssht!

I am getting a runtime error 3024
Could not find the file C:inventory_be.mdb

The file is there, next to the program, but it will not access it.

Tim