• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got blindsided yesterday

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
I got home yesterday and found a box waiting for me on top of my pile of mail. I did a quick mental checklist and couldn't think of anything I had ordered. So, I rip it open without checking the return label...
BOOM!!!

Bsneed51 took out my entire front porch with this thing.

I met Brent earlier this summer during the Padron event at the Outlaw Cigar Co. in Kansas City along with several other CPers. Over the course of the weekend he learned that my wife was pregnant with our first child and due in September. Being a two time veteran himself, he of course made some jokes about how different my life was about to become and we laughed and continued on with a great weekend of fun. Fast forward to last night. I open this box and inside is a bunch of baby clothes and accoutrement, a bag of excellent cigars, and a letter from Brent wishing us the best.

My wife was just baffled. She asked, "A guy from your internet cigar forum who you met once sent this? Why?" The answer popped right out of my mouth without any thought at all, "Because that's the way it is at Cigar Pass." I am always amazed by these random bombs of kindness that fly all over the place here and the way that the members seem to perpetually reinforce all of the cool parts of Cigar Pass through these and similar acts while somehow managing to shrug off virtually everything bad that comes their way. This is truly the most unique internet/R.L. community I have ever been involved with and I am very happy to be a member.

Brent, thank you so much for your generosity and even more for your great letter. You caught me completely off guard and blew me away. And you managed to confuse my wife which is an outstanding accomplishment in and of itself. Well done my friend!

And now, a word of warning to you bsneed51: I know that you involved some of my local CP herf members in your brazen attack. Simmsboard, for example, has laughingly admitted complicity and I am aware that certain others may also have contributed information. They are close by and will be dealt with anon, and none too gently. But you, sir, you are out of my immediate reach, thus leaving me with plenty of time to plot my revenge. Although I certainly plan to pay this kindness forward when a target of opportunity presents itself to me, have no "Illusione" that you might somehow evade my wrath. My retribution, when it falls upon you, shall we swift and it shall be merciless!

- Tim

Anytime a Minnesotan gets hit, God smiles a little bit. Great job Brent and good target.

Nice play, Brent!! Way to go. :thumbs:

Tim,
It was absolutely my pleasure to send this to you, and believe me I had as much fun shopping for the stuff as you did getting it. I'm just glad that I had this opportunity to pay forward a small amount of the generosity I received from you guys, and from CP.

Also, I can neither confirm nor deny that I had any help with this, so you feel free to deal with your herfing buddies in a way that you see fit.

Congratulations again to you and your wife.

Bent's a good guy. He sent a little local KC lovin my way not long ago. He definitley puts some thought into what he sends.

Oh, Brent, you big softie! :p

Way to go! You're a good fella.

Oh, Brent, you big softie! :p

Way to go! You're a good fella.
Sounds like that to me too :thumbs: very Kind Hearted....

Hey Brent, if we ever meet, keep in mind I have a wonderful son in college....one Semester would suffice :laugh:

Sooo...What are ya'll having?!?!

We're expecting a boy. ETA is sometime in the next two weeks or so.

*gulp*

:laugh:

Oh, man. A little Tim running around is a frightening thought! :laugh: Almost as frightening as the thought of a little version of me running around. Wait... ??? ??? ???

I wish you and the bride well, my friend. :)