• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got rid of one, bought another

So I upgraded my AR-15 arsenal. Wanted a carbine that was a little more versatile then my old one.

DPMS AP4 carbine. When my budget allows I want to get an EOTECH sight for it.

cid__downsized_0625091353.jpg

Nice. Eotech are good. Hear good things about Aimpoint HWS as well.

Nice one. Versatility is what's drawing me to get a Mech Tech unit for one of my 1911's. Well, that and the three people I know who have them sing their praises night and day and I'd like to shut them up. It's just too bad they are butt ugly compared to yours.

Was that photo taken in an office? :laugh:

Nice AR. I have been wanting to sell or swap the upper on my current RRA (has the permanent carry handle) but I just can't seem to find the funds for it. That and I shoot my M14's much more than my AR but with the cost of ammo that will probably be changing shortly. The eotechs are nice, but are you going for a mid range or cqb setup on it? If going midrange you might want to look into the aimpoints with a little magnification or my personal fav an acog.

I hate you. :( My complete lower is still missing a complete upper...sigh.

So I upgraded my AR-15 arsenal. Wanted a carbine that was a little more versatile then my old one.

That should help to Rrmind people not to touch your stash without permisssion.

Nice hardware!!!

We are given all that fancy stuff in the military. I was given an M68 before I got on the plane for OIF1, threw it in a duffel bag, took it out once the war started, zeroed it on some object, took it off, back in the bag. Got another before this trip, got lucky enough to zero that one on a range! Then got an ACOG, zeroed that too on a range. Both of them happened to be, yep you guessed it, in a duffel bag. I'll just stick with rear aperture and front sight post. It's not a Sniper rifle and most people who have or have not received any quality marksmanship training above normal position, sighting, squeeze can't hit a target beyond about 150 meters anyway. Over rated toys in my opinion. I'll keep drilling whatever I want out to about 400m, any farther than that, I'll get back in the truck and use the .50!

We are given all that fancy stuff in the military. I was given an M68 before I got on the plane for OIF1, threw it in a duffel bag, took it out once the war started, zeroed it on some object, took it off, back in the bag. Got another before this trip, got lucky enough to zero that one on a range! Then got an ACOG, zeroed that too on a range. Both of them happened to be, yep you guessed it, in a duffel bag. I'll just stick with rear aperture and front sight post. It's not a Sniper rifle and most people who have or have not received any quality marksmanship training above normal position, sighting, squeeze can't hit a target beyond about 150 meters anyway. Over rated toys in my opinion. I'll keep drilling whatever I want out to about 400m, any farther than that, I'll get back in the truck and use the .50!

What he said....

but, having a zeroed 68 sure makes it fun to shoot out the windage indicators on the 25m zero target....

Tim