• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Got some great box prices and service from buymorecigars.com

SkyKing

Assuming Padron was going to be the winner of my little "Get a free cigar from my next box" contest, I was surfing around for Padrons, I stumbled onto buymorecigars.coml. .The site was advertising Padron Londres for $59.00.

The owner has a B&M in Orange County California known as Maxamar. I did a little detective work and Maxamar appeared to be well respected locally.

I called one of our CP retail members and he told me to jump on the deal.

I took a chance and ordered a box of Londres and a box of Padron Executives for $119. Got each order within two days and the smokes were in excellent condition.

Today I pulled the trigger on a mixed box of Oliva serie G and O for $100; a box Fuente Queen Bees for $100 and a box of Alex Bradly Prensados for $115. Shipping is a flat $10 not matter the number of boxes.

Most, if not all of his prices same competitive and some seem to be terrific. Mark, the owner, says that he has constraints on pricing when advertising on the web, but call him and mention CigarPass and Skyking, and he will give you his best price. I told him and about CigarPass and indicated he will be joining CigarPass as a member in the near future. I did tell him to read the rules first and make sure not to try sell anything the first four months.

Maxamar
3744 e. Chapman ave #e​
Orange Ca 92869​
714-633-3000​
www.buymorecigars.com​

PS I got his last box of Prensados​

I would still support CP retailers even if I'm paying a bit more because I know what I'm getting and I know they go out of their way to help us.

I would still support CP retailers even if I'm paying a bit more because I know what I'm getting and I know they go out of their way to help us.

I do mostly contact CP retail members first and I am very willing to pay a bit more. But I'm not willing to pay $30 to $50 more for a box of smokes. In this case, I called two CP retail members; one didn't have stock, and the other suggested I take the deal offered.

I read the rules in the forum before posting my report and saw nothing restricting me from sharing about NC sources. But there are rules, then there is custom and etiquette.

So, is there an unwritten rule not to share NC sources that are not members? As a jr. member, I personally would like to hear about good deals from other members. But if it is considered a breach of etiquette in this community, going forward I will happily refrain from doing so. Or perhaps, post the deal and suggest those interested PM for source details.

Best Regards

You haven't done anything wrong or breached any etiquette rules. The great thing about the CP vendors is that they will likely point you to other stores on some of the "commodity" cigars. I've had several do that to me and it sounds like they did that to you. That shows me that you and I are more than a dollar figure to them, which in my book means quite a bit. You sharing NC sources on good deals is just fine. But please keep in mind that you may stumble upon a vendor that hasn't enjoyed a good history here with members of CP. If that happens, don't be surprised and don't take offense if some members speak up about not so good transactions that have taken place.

I visit Maximar whenever I'm in the area. Great shop. Every time I check out, it's usually with a fist full of sticks. As far as retail goes, he has great pricing on most of his sticks. He is always friendly and appreciative of your business. he always invites me so sit and smoke but I am usually on my way somewhere. I occasionally have time and will.
And a little bonus, it's NEXT DOOR TO THE POST OFFICE!

photo.JPG by camp4lo.com, on Flickr

I haven't been there in like 12 years. If I remember correctly, it has a really unique setup inside.

It's a great shop with great prices, but be careful of some parts of the walk-in, I've seen a whole section with fuzzy sticks.

Frankly I thought the prensado was a terrible cigar. I picked a ten pack up for about three bucks a stick just because it was CA's #1 stick. I was completely disapointed, got basically no flavor whatsoever. After smoking three with the same results it was clear to me that the #1 ranking was bought and paid for and CA lost all credibility with me. JMHO................

Lefty

Frankly I thought the prensado was a terrible cigar. I picked a ten pack up for about three bucks a stick just because it was CA's #1 stick. I was completely disapointed, got basically no flavor whatsoever. After smoking three with the same results it was clear to me that the #1 ranking was bought and paid for and CA lost all credibility with me. JMHO................

Lefty

$3/stick? That doesn't sound right at all.

I think a prensado is a great stick full of strength and flavor. I won't pay $11 a stick but if I see a sale for $7 or $8 I'll jump on it.

For some reason...I don't enjoy seeing the website listed in the thread topic....seems like an ad.

For some reason...I don't enjoy seeing the website listed in the thread topic....seems like an ad.

The definition for an advertisement is a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, business, or event. So, it was an advertisement, albeit unpaid and I get no material benefit. I do get the satisfaction of informing other members about a very good source and helping the owner build his business in a small way.

A lot of netizens are quick to publicly complain about poor service or products. Probably because I was a former small business owner, I like to spread the word when I encounter organizations that provide exceptional products or service.

BTW, I placed my second order with Maxamar (West Coast) after 5:00 pm last Friday, and got my packages (on the East Coast) in the mail Saturday. This probably says as much about the U.S. postal service as it does the cigar company.

The definition for an advertisement is a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, business, or event. So, it was an advertisement, albeit unpaid and I get no material benefit. I do get the satisfaction of informing other members about a very good source and helping the owner build his business in a small way.

A lot of netizens are quick to publicly complain about poor service or products. Probably because I was a former small business owner, I like to spread the word when I encounter organizations that provide exceptional products or service.

BTW, I placed my second order with Maxamar (West Coast) after 5:00 pm last Friday, and got my packages (on the East Coast) in the mail Saturday. This probably says as much about the U.S. postal service as it does the cigar company.

That's nice.

It's good to support a place you like.

You may want to look at commmunity norms....then again, I might
. ;)

Edit - strike-thru....nevermind.

This place keeps going in an odd direction.

Enjoy your smokes.