• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

GPS for my car

Garmin, Garmin, Garmin.....I have used both Garmin and TomTom, and TomTom sucks!

Check with Sam's Club they have the Garmin 750 for $299.00. I just bought one myself and it is very nice. Also Costco has the Garmin 250 for $199.00.

I bought a re-ferb Navigon 5100 from Top Dog Gps, for about 200 shipped. I really like it. IT has a great view of the exit toshow you the lane you need to be in, and even has the exit signs above the streets. It also tells you the name of the street if you want it to, has real time traffic updates that alerts you to slow moving traffic, break downs, and closed roads.

There is no way I could get around in Belgium/Germany/Netherlandsa without it.

Tim

The Tom Tom One 3rd edition can be had for $142 at Wally World. I have this one and IMHO is better than the factory one installed in the Maxima!

Does this unit give the street names as part of the turn-by-turn directions? I tried to look on their website, but I couldn't find that specific fact.

Hey,
I purchased this product (which is now, sadly, discontinued): https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=164&pID=290

The product is superior in many ways and has never let me down. You can't go wrong with a comparable model of the Garmin family.

Darren

I also have the Tom Tom One 3rd edition and I love it! It shows you the street names but only gives you a 'left or right' audible on the turns,no street names. I bought it for 139.95 last year on the black friday sale. I have seen it a couple times at Best Buy for the same price since then. Good Luck! :thumbs:

x2 I love my TomTom

Does anyone have any experience with the Magellen 1200 unit? It's in a local ad this week at what appears to be a pretty good price ($100 off) so it's caught my attention.

It seems to get mixed reviews among the sites I've visited.