• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Graycliff...worth the dough?

pahuber2

Does Graycliff make a cigar that warrants their asking price? I have not yet tried one. Although I haven't been around for long, I don't see a lot of discussion about their cigars. Overpriced, or worth the dough?

I vote Overpriced.

*edit* Not saying they aren't good cigars, they are. But way too expensive for what you get.

Does Graycliff make a cigar that warrants their asking price? I have not yet tried one. Although I haven't been around for long, I don't see a lot of discussion about their cigars. Overpriced, or worth the dough?

I never thought so. I have had a few . . . all were gifts to me and while they were by no means dog rockets, I did not find anything that special about them either.

In a word no. But I do like the espresso line so every once in a while I'll burn one.

I only like the espresso line, I've had the rest and didn't care for them, regardless of the price.

Interesting...I suppose if I am ever in the Bahamas I will have to give them a try.

Considering some of the AF's and Padrons you can get for a quarter the price of one Graycliff, def not worth the price. Now if you can score a fiver of something for less than $30/$35 on C-Bid, maybe that's worth it.

I have had 2 of the Professionale (blue) pirates and the first one was excellent...like a ISOM, the second was just kinda ok. I think you should try one and see what you think.

There's really only one way to know for sure.

Personally, I don't care for any of them. I liked the espresso line at first, but after I smoked 5 or so and experienced some other cigars, they just didn't do it for me any longer. There are very few cigars that to me are worth the price of a Graycliff. Graycliff isn't one of them.

Graycliffs are good, but you can easily find other cigars that are every bit as good for less than half of what Graycliffs go for.

As others have said, the Expresso line is great. Expensive, but great. Not worth retail but you can often find them for 50% less than retail. I hate CBid, but I will purchase Expresso 5-packs from there simply because I can usually get a 5-pack for about $60. These are definitely worth $12/stick IMO.

I also go to Graycliff for dinner at least twice every November (annual vacation spot). Nothing better than a fantastic meal and a fresh-rolled Graycliff afterwards with a glass of bourbon or scotch. :thumbs:

I've always looked at your question this way. If you have the money and you like the cigar then it is worth the money. It's really a matter of personal taste and situation.

For me, I agree with the opinions above. They are certainly very fine cigars, but they are also very expensive as a rule.

It isn't the price that bothers me so much, it's the fact that most Graycliffs I've smoked don't do much for me.

The Espressos are worth it to me... especially the lanceros. The Chateau Gran Cru line is pretty good too, but everything else is just not worth the $$.

Just to echo what others are saying and therefore reinforce it.....to me, the only line that comes close to being worth it is the Espresso line, but it's even a bit overpriced.

The Espressos are worth it to me... especially the lanceros. The Chateau Gran Cru line is pretty good too, but everything else is just not worth the $$.

Lanceros? Hmmm, haven't seen those. Sounds D-LISH.

I recently had a white label gifted to me by a great botl here, smoked it, and enjoyed it. My eyes bugged out when I was told (from other botls) what the asking price for the particular cigar was. So no, great cigar, but there are others with comparable flavors at a much more reasonable premium. If you happen to land some, by all means smoke it and experience it yourself. I have no problem torching a high priced stick as long as I get satisfaction from it.

Just to echo what others are saying and therefore reinforce it.....to me, the only line that comes close to being worth it is the Espresso line, but it's even a bit overpriced.

Lanceros? Hmmm, haven't seen those. Sounds D-LISH.

They call them "Elegantes" -- definitely the best Espresso vitola/blend out there, at least to my tastes.