• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great deal on Cuban cigars!

Holy snot. I would love to take a peek inside their operation just to learn what is behind a scam like this. They must count on the abject ignorance of potential customers.

It can't be a very organized scam if Moki is on their e-mail list of rubes.

Okay, Devil's Advocate here and I know I am going to get flamed so I have already donned my flame retardent underwear but have any of you actually received fake cubans from this site or are you operating on the assumption that cheap=fake?

I don't question the assumption and I am not trying to defend the site in question in anyway. I am just reading and couldn't help but ask.

Okay, Devil's Advocate here and I know I am going to get flamed so I have already donned my flame retardent underwear but have any of you actually received fake cubans from this site or are you operating on the assumption that cheap=fake?

I don't question the assumption and I am not trying to defend the site in question in anyway. I am just reading and couldn't help but ask.

Yes, that cheap = fake. Period. You can always find deals at legit sites but not more than $20-30 bucks off in most cases and not for extended periods of time.

I mean honestly, do you really expect that you can get authentic Cuban cigars for 60-80% off the price the legitimate sites sell them for? Would you believe a dealer selling new BMWs for $10,000 was selling authentic BMWs?

If I offered you a Rolex for $20, wouldn't you think that it is fake based on price alone?

If I offered you a Rolex for $20, wouldn't you think that it is fake based on price alone?

Or really REALLY hard up for cash :sign:

If you search the Lobby, you should be able to find the posts from a couple of shills who were here to claim great praises for this company. Of course, their IP addresses were in Costa Rica, and they were commenting on a thread that was nearly a year old, but they seemed very believable.

Unfortunately for you, whether or not you decide to purchase from this vendor, which is nobody's business but your own, you have posed a question that once asked cannot be unasked. I would find it very unlikely that you will ever be in a position with members of this board to trade cigars of that type. There will always henceforth be a concern that you took the bargian offer and what you have to trade is not what it proposes to be.

If you search the Lobby, you should be able to find the posts from a couple of shills who were here to claim great praises for this company. Of course, their IP addresses were in Costa Rica, and they were commenting on a thread that was nearly a year old, but they seemed very believable.

Unfortunately for you, whether or not you decide to purchase from this vendor, which is nobody's business but your own, you have posed a question that once asked cannot be unasked. I would find it very unlikely that you will ever be in a position with members of this board to trade cigars of that type. There will always henceforth be a concern that you took the bargian offer and what you have to trade is not what it proposes to be.

I have no plans to trade Cubans. I wouldn't risk it even if I went to Cuba and bought them directly from the factory. You are ready to blacklist me just for asking if anyone actually received a fake. No way I would take the chance of actually making a trade.

I think it is a legit question, one that I was pondering in my mind as well. Then I came over the following in page #2 of the thread:

I recently had someone PM me regarding some cigars they purchased that they felt were questionable... I asked them where they purchased the cigars. The answer?

You guessed it. SoloCigars. Sigh.

Spread the word.

Steamboat, hopefully that clears a few things up regarding your question.

As for the other matter, I think it might be jumping too quickly to assume that since Steamboat simply asked if anybody has actually purchased from this vendor to receive the cigars and see that they were fake, that Steamboat is now going to put fake cubans in any trade, PIF, or bomb.

I think, based on the contents of this thread, that even if Steamboat DID purchase from this vendor, I strongly believe that he would have enough restraint, common sense, and integrity to refrain from even giving a second thought of including these vendor's cigars in any of the aforementioned activities, due to their questionable nature...

As for the other matter, I think it might be jumping too quickly to assume that since Steamboat simply asked if anybody has actually purchased from this vendor to receive the cigars and see that they were fake, that Steamboat is now going to put fake cubans in any trade, PIF, or bomb.

I think, based on the contents of this thread, that even if Steamboat DID purchase from this vendor, I strongly believe that he would have enough restraint, common sense, and integrity to refrain from even giving a second thought of including these vendor's cigars in any of the aforementioned activities, due to their questionable nature...

Wow.

Ok as for the first part pertaining to Steamboat, yes it's a legit question, but has been answered already, if the price seems too good to be true, then it probably is!
Know your sources. This thread was started as a warning, and FOG's and established members with experience chimed in and yet it's still being questioned! Buyer beware.

As for the second part, I'm just a little curious. That seems to be a pretty bold, authoritative statement to make by someone who's been here just a little over a month. I really don't want to come off like a jack-ass here, but how are you able to make a statement like that? How do you know 100% for sure he wouldn't? (BTW, not saying he would, just playing devils advocate here)

We're all human and make mistakes. Yes I'd like to think people wouldn't do things like passing fakes. But the fact of the matter is that fakes have been put in passes, bombs and trades here before, whether intentional or by accident.

Read more, and you'd see that.

As for the second part, I'm just a little curious. That seems to be a pretty bold, authoritative statement to make by someone who's been here just a little over a month. I really don't want to come off like a jack-ass here, but how are you able to make a statement like that? How do you know 100% for sure he wouldn't? (BTW, not saying he would, just playing devils advocate here)

We're all human and make mistakes. Yes I'd like to think people wouldn't do things like passing fakes. But the fact of the matter is that fakes have been put in passes, bombs and trades here before, whether intentional or by accident.

Well, you're actually more than right (I highlighted good points for emphasis), and I'll just keep my mouth shut. I wasn't trying to come off as an ass, seriously guys, but it did. I can be too bold, and I'll always respect the opinions of the FOGs here. I'm a noob, so I'll just read a little more. I'm not trying to make any waves, so...yeah. I'll leave it at that. Sorry about that there gents.

Everyone steps on their dick a few times at first, I hope you guys will be forgiving. :( :( :(

Well, you're actually more than right (I highlighted good points for emphasis), and I'll just keep my mouth shut. I wasn't trying to come off as an ass, seriously guys, but it did. I can be too bold, and I'll always respect the opinions of the FOGs here. I'm a noob, so I'll just read a little more. I'm not trying to make any waves, so...yeah. I'll leave it at that. Sorry about that there gents.

Everyone steps on their dick a few times at first, I hope you guys will be forgiving. :( :( :(

I don't have any hard feelings.

I don't know enough about Cuban Cigars to be comfortable trading them. I have done a number of trades here and I believe I have a good reputation as a trading partner and I wouldn't risk damaging my status by trading something I don't know enough about.

Tonight, while at a local herf, I cut open a stick I received from a brother here. The band had fuzzy printing, poor embossing, and once inside, although long filler, you could pick your teeth with the stem that I pulled from it. I honestly don't recall the trader, or I would politely through pm, warn him of what he might be unaware he was passing. Shame on me for not keeping good records.

I think what I am trying to say is, I agree that they do get passed, usually without malicous intent, and therefore I'm in agreement with Steamboat, you shouldn't expect to get one from me unless I saw it rolled in the ISOM. I don't know enough about box codes to take a chance at tarnishing what little reputation I have as a trader.

My 2 cents, which after I typed all this, I suppose didn't need to be said. But hell, it would have been a waste of 3 minutes. :laugh:

By all means, order from this site all you want... this could be you! Just do not trade or sell these cigars to anyone on this board.

I never include Cubans in a bomb or trade unless I've personally purchased them from one of the La Casa Del Habano here in Germany. Fortunately you can order from them online as well. It may cost more compared to a lot of the other vendors, but I sleep well at night.

Come on man... don't be so quick to lay down when you are just trying to make a good point.... the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Edit: LOL... Ha Ha... Look at these broke dick Opus X http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=0

Come on man... don't be so quick to lay down when you are just trying to make a good point.... the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Edit: LOL... Ha Ha... Look at these broke dick Opus X http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=0

The read more post less goes for you too in this case... Mr_Wolf's points are 100% correct regarding souldog's post. And in no way can be construed as an insult.

the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Not everyone feels this way.

Thanks for stating the obvious.... is that even worth a post to say that? I kind of got that idea when he posted that "mightier than thou" comment.

Well, he's right. People who have been around for some time are aware of NUMEROUS people who have been swindled by these guys. I would not have posted this topic if I wasn't very sure that was I was saying was accurate, and if I did not know people who have received fakes from them.

Hell, even Rod posted about these hucksters. So yeah, if he fully read the thread, he would have known the answer to his question.

hott_mic, you seem like a decent guy -- but please, no more "poor oppressed newbie" crap. It's not accurate, and it's getting old.

the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Not everyone feels this way.

Thanks for stating the obvious.... is that even worth a post to say that? I kind of got that idea when he posted that "mightier than thou" comment.
You've certainly jumped into CP with both feet. Unfortunately I think you've jumped in over your head. It might be time to slow down a little.