• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great deal on Cuban cigars!

the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Not everyone feels this way.

Thanks for stating the obvious.... is that even worth a post to say that? I kind of got that idea when he posted that "mightier than thou" comment.

Yes it was worth a post saying that, I have no idea why you all of a sudden have a chip on your shoulder but there really isn't a need for it.

Maybe its time you took a good look at the posts you made today, it could easily said that most of them weren't "worth a post" either.

And it wasn't about how long souldog has been here or his post count. It was him making a statement regarding Steamboat with no logical reason behind it. Have they met in real life? Have they herfed together? Traded with or bought from another? Or did souldog make his statement as he said "based on the contents of this thread" A thread discussing a source THAT IS KNOWN TO ONLY SELL FAKES! souldog did the right thing and apologized, maybe a bit too deeply as necessary, but he did the right thing.

You jumping in saying basically "Hey man don't take that fucking shit from these guys, don't apologize for shit!" belittles him and the rest of us he apologized to. He showed that he "got it"

It remains to be seen if you will figure out how CP works and "get it" too.

I'm hoping you do, its really the only requirement needed to enjoy yourself here.

Well.... good thing some of us can't sleep and pick up the slack for him......... One post an hour. It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

the time you been on this forum shouldn't have SH!@ to do with your knowledge of people and what you can and can't say when being completely polite about it.

Thanks for stating the obvious.... is that even worth a post to say that? I kind of got that idea when he posted that "mightier than thou" comment.

Member hott_mic Joined 24-February 08 Total Member Posts 176 Posts Today 42 % of today's posts 5.68%

Did any of these add to the board?

Okay, Devil's Advocate here and I know I am going to get flamed so I have already donned my flame retardent underwear but have any of you actually received fake cubans from this site or are you operating on the assumption that cheap=fake?

I don't question the assumption and I am not trying to defend the site in question in anyway. I am just reading and couldn't help but ask.

Yep! About five boxes a few years ago............All of them fakes. Bad ones at that.

Hott_Mic,
I don't know what has been going on with you today, but I think you need to walk away from the key board for a couple of days. I've been reading some of your post today, and I'm hoping that you look back on this day in a years time to wonder what you were thinking. There seems to be a common theme coming from long standing members in the advice they have been giving both you and Step. I would hope that you would take a few to calm down, and then re-read all of the post. Maybe then you will see that it's not about tearing the Newbie a new hole, but rather trying to show you there is a right, and a wrong way. You seem way too thin skinned today.

Thanks for serving.

MANY long time smokers, knowledgable in the hobby have gone down in newbie flames here. Holmes may be a dick (couldn't resist), but his comment is spot on. LilBastage was a bit more kind. Grow some skin, or move on.

You've certainly jumped into CP with both feet. Unfortunately I think you've jumped in over your head. It might be time to slow down a little.

Pretty witty quote and thanks for the suggestion but I come to this forum because I enjoy laughing, learning, meeting new down to earth people, and picking up all the information I can, and aside from the occasional "war of words" that alone is not enough to deter me from doing something I enjoy.

You've certainly jumped into CP with both feet. Unfortunately I think you've jumped in over your head. It might be time to slow down a little.

Pretty witty quote and thanks for the suggestion but I come to this forum because I enjoy laughing, learning, meeting new down to earth people, and picking up all the information I can, and aside from the occasional "war of words" that alone is not enough to deter me from doing something I enjoy.

You missed the point entirely, no one is asking you to stop posting or go away. Only to slow down and engage your brain before you hit the enter key.

I have no plans to trade Cubans. I wouldn't risk it even if I went to Cuba and bought them directly from the factory. You are ready to blacklist me just for asking if anyone actually received a fake. No way I would take the chance of actually making a trade.

I don't have any hard feelings.

I don't know enough about Cuban Cigars to be comfortable trading them. I have done a number of trades here and I believe I have a good reputation as a trading partner and I wouldn't risk damaging my status by trading something I don't know enough about.

For my part, I came down harder than I needed to, and for that I apologize. When I saw this post, it reminded me of an earlier incident, where you argued against the advice of those with more experience, and I thought it was happening again. I am still not sure why you questioned the validity of the information in this thread, but I do believe you know it is not OK to buy from these guys. Every time someone buys from a place like this, it keeps that company and their suppliers in business.

Pretty witty quote and thanks for the suggestion but .........
While you may not believe this, some people do know a bit more about this conversation than you but it, doesn't appear you want to take our word for it so good luck with your stay here. :rolleyes:

You jumping in saying basically "Hey man don't take that fucking shit from these guys, don't apologize for shit!" belittles him and the rest of us he apologized to. He showed that he "got it"
It remains to be seen if you will figure out how CP works and "get it" too.
Well said Wurm. :thumbs:

Thanks for serving.

Well lets not go overboard here. He's not military. He's a civilian. I doubt he would be over there if it wasn't for the money. While I have no problem with anyone doing that, my son is in Kuwait, I look at it as more "selfserving".

The desire to belong to the group often leads zealous new guys to post often and post second hand information as if it was their own experience. Time usually weeds them out.

The adage, listen (read) more, speak (post) less is as relevant today as it was when civilization began.

Solo sells fakes, period.

At the risk of threadjacking: Are these famous Glass Tops made by one counterfeiter or do all of the counterfeiters make a version of them? And has anyone actually smoked one to see what it was like?

The desire to belong to the group often leads zealous new guys to post often and post second hand information as if it was their own experience. Time usually weeds them out.

The adage, listen (read) more, speak (post) less is as relevant today as it was when civilization began.

Solo sells fakes, period.

Yep... very well stated, sir.