• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Great Deal on Murcielago (BAT) Cigars

SkyKing

BBS turned me on to a great deal for these smokes. He is wildly enthusiastic about the stick's virtues, and the Murcielago (Bat in Spanish) is generally well reviewed.

Some have compared them to the Ortega Serie D. Perhaps not surprising since they are made with the same San Andreas wrapper and NI binder/fillers. And Eddie Ortega, along with Erik Espinos,  created the "Bat" during the E&O days.

After BBS turned me on to this, I checked a LOT of sources (including our vendor friends here at CP) and, except for one source, discounted boxes are selling for $120 up. Famous Smokes is selling them for less than $70 a box. I ordered a box of Belicosos and several single sticks in different vitolas before sharing this information, just to make sure you guys didn't buy them out before I could get mine.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/murcielago+cigars

I'm excited about trying these and if they hit the spot, will write up a review. 

I have been thinking about picking up a box also.  I just grabbed a box of the Rothschild, since they were on sale for $2.75 a stick.

Steve, Tom turned me on to them as well and I bought a box of the belis too. Truly a great smoke for the money.

I would agree, similar to the Ortega Series D maduros...but I don't get quite the same finish in the Murcielagos as I do the Series D...a little rougher in the final 1/3 to 1/4 with the bats. :thumbs:

But for the money, can't bet them.

I was looking for a box of inexpensive sticks to treat myself to from my bonus at work. I think these might just be the ticket!

2K6TBSS said:
I have been thinking about picking up a box also.  I just grabbed a box of the Rothschild, since they were on sale for $2.75 a stick.
You were lucky. I decided to get some of these in different vitolas. Unfortunately  they've already sold out of the Rothschild and Churchills. You might be able to back order at same price.

CORRECTION: I was checking with famous to see if I could lock in the price if I subscribed to monthly shipping (No).  Found out boxes and fivers in Churchill and Rothschild ARE available. They were only sold out of singles. So, I have fivers of the Churchhill and Rothschild coming in.

BlindedByScience said:

Of course you did. How do you think I got turned on to these sticks? Seriously, I almost never buy any new stick without searching CP to see what the brothers here have to say about their experiences. And I've found that several of the brothers and I share similar tastes if not budgets: you, IronPeddler; Coop, for example. If one of you gets enthusiastic about a stick, then I get curious and will often have to try them myself. That's one of the things that  makes CP worthwhile to me.

I'm definitely going to smoke the Ortega D and a Murcielago back to back and share my thoughts. Could be fun to do a duo mini-review and compare notes.

I've actually been looking for some quality inexpensive smokes, so I ordered a box of these.  While I didn't like them at their $7-10 price tag, they are great cigars for $3.

BBS hooked me up as well, I plan on giving it a shot when the weather allows.

Received my box of these Saturday..  After a little rest I can't wait to give them a light

Has anyone smoked the Gran Toro? It's the best value by my calculations.

The Toro is my fave (6 1/8 X 50)....finishing up the first box, have another box in the cabinet.  I'll probably get another box or two while they are on sale.  Fantastic smokes for the $$.

Look, if I had infinite 'financial horsepower' I'd smoke a couple Padron 45th Family Reserve Maduros...every day.  At least.  Since I'm not in that club, these great modestly priced smokes fit nicely..... :cool:

Just ordered a box of the Rothschild, with a code for free shipping it ended up being $2.75 a cigar...pretty tough to beat that. 

Thank you for the recommendation :thumbs:

Look forward to hearing from you guys after you've tried your rested sticks.