• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Greetings All

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Greetings all,

Joe.M. kindly showed me the way to the Lobby. Since I spent so much time writing my profile I'm just going to paste it here as an introduction. I hope you guys(/gals?) don't mind. Thanks again for the incredible site. I think this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Cheers,
Dixie

:::Interests:::

Jazz (the older, the better), photography- infrared especially, audiophile recordings and equipment, Old-English novels, theatre, film, travel....in other words I'm a wannabe retiree in a twenty-something's body.

I've been enjoying cigars for a few years now, but one $3.00-4.00 stick had been my weekly "allowance" before I graduated and landed my current very well paying job. One of my degrees was a B.S. in economics, so I still can't force myself to drop $20 on a single (well, maybe a 3-hour ISOM Churchill), but with the resources to purchase 5-packs and (gasp!) even boxes, I am well on my way to utilizing economies of scale enough to make that cost/smoke of even the nicest look affordable.

As far as what I like:

I prefer maduros, but always have lighter shades on hand for when the mood hits me. I have only tried a couple candelas (one was the Don Tomas) and was very disappointed both times.

For strength, it really depends. My tastes generally range from mild-medium to medium-full. However, I occasionally like to either taste flavored air or get knocked on my rear. My girlfriend loves them too, but likes mild to mild-medium. So, again, I try to have at least a small supply of the entire spectrum.

Specific favorites in approximate order (as you can see, I have grown accustomed to what I used to be able to afford):

Onyx Vintage Epicure
Felipe II Reserva N
La Perla Habana Perfecto Maduro
Punch Punch (domestic)
Onyx Reserve Lonsdale
Hoyo de Monterey Exaclibur 1066 Lancalot or Merlin
Punch Rothschild

I have not yet had any ISOM, nor have I tried a lot of the current super-stars (OpusX, Olivia, Graycliff, or even a faithful Monte #2)...as time permits.

Again, cheers,
Dixie

Howdy & welcome to CP there Dixie. I'm sure that after you get to know this great bunch of ceegar lovers, your spectrum of cigar smoking with greatly widen.... :D :thumbs: :p

welcome aboard dixie!!!! kick your shoes off and stay a while!

WOW! That's the nicest and most abundant reception I've ever received on a newbie board. I really feel at home already.

Cheers,
Dixie

Great introduction! This is the best one I've seen so far. Welcome Dixie, you're gonna love it here.

-Craig

Welcome aboard BO! Your really going to like it here! :thumbs:

Trust me, Dixie, JoeM is a great guy, and I hope you will take every bit of advice from him and use it. He will lead you in the direction. HE IS OUR GOD!!!!

ALostTexan

Hmmm , well not to steaL a post but is that demi-gog or para-god?? :sign: :sign: :sign:

Man am i to tired. :p