• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guinness Draught

It could have been colder I think, but oh well. Sometimes it seems as though beer from the tap isn't as cold as it should be.
Beware any person who says your beer should be ice cold. They're just trying to cover up a poor beer.

I guess I got so used to drinking beer when it is cold. If it ever got warm then to me it meant that I was nursing it. I will admit that it does have a different taste at different temps. I have not gotten to the point where I can say that I can taste the hops. I just taste beer, I don't know any other flavor.

I guess I got so used to drinking beer when it is cold. If it ever got warm then to me it meant that I was nursing it. I will admit that it does have a different taste at different temps. I have not gotten to the point where I can say that I can taste the hops. I just taste beer, I don't know any other flavor.

I'm no beer expert, but I've never had a beer "warm" just less cold, if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, keep drinking until it does! :laugh:

I'm not much of a hop head, but the hops add the bitterness as well as some of the fruitier notes to the beer. Usually you'll find the hop-bitter in the finish of a sip. Anyway, it's just like cigars, the more you explore and try, the more you'll be able to pick out certain tastes and profiles as well as understand the characteristics of each style of beer.

If you don't know if you have ever tasted hops, then you need to try a Pale Ale or an India Pale Ale. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale can be found pretty commonly and is a good introduction to a hoppier beer. Give it a go and see if you like it! :thumbs: