• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

Had the discussion with my gunsmith about Remington 700 actions and the others that are out in the market now. It completely depends on the Remington action you get your hands on. He says the last one he had in the shop took him hours to straighten out. Anymore he says if you're buying new, it almost makes sense to spend the extra for a custom action that is pretty much good to go out of the box then to have him spend hours on the lathe straightening the action out. First step in building a really good custom rifle is to find a really good gunsmith. Then listen to his advice. I'm fortunate in that I've got a really amazing guy locally who's done a bunch of work for me on my AR's and a little work on the rimfire rifles. I've seen some of his long-range stuff.... it's amazing.

Well you've done it again CP.... I click on an interesting thread and all of a sudden I'm down 400 bills.

ohTAWKv.jpg

And the rabbit hole goes deeper. I was looking for a shell holder, picatinny rails, and a breacher when I came across this. It's already headed my way. :rolleyes:

cyWzw5b.jpg

Last edited:
My "what the hell was that" tool is a boring old Glock 23, with a Streamlight TLR-2 light / laser combo. That gives me a way to see, a red dot to make the bad guy think twice, and 13+13+1 rounds of Federal HST 180gr .40 cal to convince him that leaving quickly would be the best plan of action. The short barrel shotguns are cool, but honestly I've never felt wanting in a "first strike" weapon. YMMV, etc.....

Worth pointing out that the cool thing about the Glock 23 is that with a conversion barrel and some magazines, I can shoot 9mm or .40 from the same platform.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a flashlight to mount on the Shockwave (picatinny). Something in the 800-1200 lumens range and not $150+. Any suggestions?

Thanks! They look to have the smaller lights I'm looking for but check this out. LOL!

wsh0TgF.jpg