• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

I have an XDM and added a Pachmayr sticky rubber grip to it. Worked OK but I found that a good pair of shooting gloves was better for that particular pistol.
Shooting gloves?

My dad bought a few cheap SKSs, think they’re the chinese version, they’re relatively inexpensive, and kinda fun for burning ammo. Just maybe a idea to save on some $. Self defense will be relatively up close, so shotgun and pistol, distant 3rd, rifle. Just my .02

My dad bought a few cheap SKSs, think they’re the chinese version, they’re relatively inexpensive, and kinda fun for burning ammo. Just maybe a idea to save on some $. Self defense will be relatively up close, so shotgun and pistol, distant 3rd, rifle. Just my .02

I remember when the SKS were $99, are they still that cheap?

Here's my latest. Started buying parts when Rainier Arms put their Ultramatch .308 barrels on sale....so I jumped off the pier and starting accumulating parts for a sweet AR-10 build. Took a while, but here's what I ended up with:

Barrel (IMHO the single most important part of a gas rifle) - Rainier Arms Ultramatch SS 18" 308
Trigger (IMHO the second most important part) - CMC single state trigger assembly
Upper, lower, nickel boron coated bolt assembly - Aero Precision
Adjustable Gas Block - SLR Rifleworks
Grip - Oden Works
Stock - Luth
Suppressor / brake - Silencerco Omega
Cerakoting, minor fitting - my buddies at Brinstone Gunsmithing (best 10-22 triggers and work you can get, no kidding)

I've got a scope and mount for it that I just haven't gotten around to putting on top, but that will happen when work backs off just a bit. My Marine armorer says it should be "boring" to shoot at 100 yards; my goal is to go much farther and make the steel ring.

20180830_191250.jpg

I agree. Should be a yawner at 100.
Probably even at 300.

Im pretty sure they aint $99 anymore... my dad ended up with what his gun friend called a “tactical grade” Colt AR15, the story i heard was it was not available to the public. Dont know if that was true, but it grouped em real tight, like a .223 bolt action. When my dad passed, one my my sisters boys ended up with it

Im pretty sure they aint $99 anymore... my dad ended up with what his gun friend called a “tactical grade” Colt AR15, the story i heard was it was not available to the public. Dont know if that was true, but it grouped em real tight, like a .223 bolt action. When my dad passed, one my my sisters boys ended up with it

I just looked on gun-gouger and the cheapest was $300.00

Shorty is all finished. Just took her out this weekend and she ran like a champ.

KWC8lVF.jpg

Parts list:
Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter
MAS Defense 9mm TiN BCG (Blem)
Spike's 9mm Glock Lower
Holosun HS403GL
Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1
Ballistic Advantage 5.5" 9mm Barrel
UTG Pro 5.5" M-Lok Handguard
ALG ACT Trigger
Fortis Angled Foregrip
KAK Tailhook Tube Kit
JP Industries Flash Hider
Anderson Upper Reciever
Elite Tactical Systems 30 Rd. Mags (2)
CMC Lower Parts Kit
Hogue Grip
Strike Industries Forward Assist
Strike Industries Take Down Pins

Shorty is all finished. Just took her out this weekend and she ran like a champ.

KWC8lVF.jpg

Parts list:
Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter
MAS Defense 9mm TiN BCG (Blem)
Spike's 9mm Glock Lower
Holosun HS403GL
Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1
Ballistic Advantage 5.5" 9mm Barrel
UTG Pro 5.5" M-Lok Handguard
ALG ACT Trigger
Fortis Angled Foregrip
KAK Tailhook Tube Kit
JP Industries Flash Hider
Anderson Upper Reciever
Elite Tactical Systems 30 Rd. Mags (2)
CMC Lower Parts Kit
Hogue Grip
Strike Industries Forward Assist
Strike Industries Take Down Pins

If they made the parts in 10MM I might be albe to get behind something like that.

I don't suppose you can hunt deer with that?;)

Doc

What in the hell would anyone use a bolt action pistol for? It's so stupid that I want one.

Just a modern version of the TC Contender. The Contender harvested tons of animals over the years.

Just a modern version of the TC Contender. The Contender harvested tons of animals over the years.
In the spray and pray generation, one shot is something to be avoided.

I've enjoyed many range trips with my father's contender but if I was going hunting it may be one of the very last firearms chosen. Although velocity and accuracy are diminished I can say that it would be very easy to haul around.