• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guns

I loved hunting rabbits and birds with my Stoege double. The 5 or 6 inches you gain back from losing the action is huge when you are fighting through brush or bringing it up for a jump shot.
I just love how o/u feel in general.

I'll tell you what, I've got a Winchester lever action in .44 Mag. Nice since I have a wheel gun in the same caliber. Magnum pistol calibers are no joke out of a short carbine, believe that..!!

My biggest regret to this day was when I sold my Marlin 1894 .44 mag lever action. I really miss that gun! Got it on a fluke for $69 back in the early 80's. Believe it or not - K-Mart had a sale. I worked in the department next to Sporting Goods. The manager said they "accidentally" received a .44mag Marlin and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. Seemed like a very cool thing to do at the time (.44 mag pistol ammo was the hot thing because of Dirty Harry). That was an awesome gun.... My best recollections was going to the range with it. You'd hear "Pop", "Pop", "Pop" "KA-BOOOOMMMMM!" - silenced the whole range when I let a round go. And the muzzle flash!!!! Loved to shoot it in a darkened range!

My biggest regret to this day was when I sold my Marlin 1894 .44 mag lever action. I really miss that gun! Got it on a fluke for $69 back in the early 80's. Believe it or not - K-Mart had a sale. I worked in the department next to Sporting Goods. The manager said they "accidentally" received a .44mag Marlin and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. Seemed like a very cool thing to do at the time (.44 mag pistol ammo was the hot thing because of Dirty Harry). That was an awesome gun....
I loved it in one of the Dirty Harry movies where someone asked Harry why he carried such a dangerously big gun.....he said "cause I hit what I'm aiming at"

Found this while I was uploading a video of my zippo. He's 14 and 6'4" now...

Ha! Great to see kids getting into the sport. Here's my boy four years ago, at age 14, shooting his 1948 Marlin 90 16g OU, which was a gift to him from my father. His father (my grandfather), career Army, gave it to him on his 16th birthday, shipped it from Japan where he had it engraved at the end of the Korean War. Pic of gun. We have an identical sister gun, as well, just for kicks. We reload the 16, as it's kind of hard to find (even in good times). Not the ideal trap gauge, but it's more personal (and ads a challenge).

20170824_192200.jpg

Thanks, guys. We had it restored by one of the best. The engraving is amazing, my grandfather had my dad's name engraved on the trigger guard (my grandfather, my father, me and my son all have the same first and last name). The gunsmith who did the restoration, who knows shotguns, told us there were some great engraving artists in Japan at the time, doing guns, and he thinks this one was done by one of the most famous. Doesn't really matter, that gun will never leave our family.

Could not resist the sale at PSA:

Yes - it's a "blem" rifle, but I plan to "blem" the heck out of it during the time I own it! Actually - I'm really trying to sort through what the "blem" is - it looks pretty clean to me! It's very well made and tight, unlike many of the other AK's I've seen. I know PSA has a bit of a questionable reputation with AR's, but I've not had any issues with the two I've built (a carbine and pistol).

Just finished accessorizing it up - found a $3.99 cleaning rod, $19 SKS Buttstock cleaning kit and a $25 scope mount on Amazon. Now it's time to go 'pew-pew'!!! I need to research if this is really true...

Last edited:
Could not resist the sale at PSA:

Yes - it's a "blem" rifle, but I plan to "blem" the heck out of it during the time I own it! Actually - I'm really trying to sort through what the "blem" is - it looks pretty clean to me! It's very well made and tight, unlike many of the other AK's I've seen. I know PSA has a bit of a questionable reputation with AR's, but I've not had any issues with the two I've built (a carbine and pistol).

Just finished accessorizing it up - found a $3.99 cleaning rod, $19 SKS Buttstock cleaning kit and a $25 scope mount on Amazon. Now it's time to go 'pew-pew'!!! I need to research if this is really true...

Hard to find any bad reviews on 'em. Have been interested since they came out. Let us know how she rolls.

Hard to find any bad reviews on 'em. Have been interested since they came out. Let us know how she rolls.
Shot her on Tuesday. Very nice - no issues. Sighted in the red dot and she’s spot on!!! Very happy with the purchase. I bought some 40 rd steel magazines - not very impressed with those. Hard to latch the magazine. The 30 rd polymer waffle worked beautifully (no issues). Don’t think it’s the gun - something strange with the mag.

The thing I like most about the AK - breaks down to clean very easily and assembles quickly as well. Very simple design.

Shot her on Tuesday. Very nice - no issues. Sighted in the red dot and she’s spot on!!! Very happy with the purchase. I bought some 40 rd steel magazines - not very impressed with those. Hard to latch the magazine. The 30 rd polymer waffle worked beautifully (no issues). Don’t think it’s the gun - something strange with the mag.

The thing I like most about the AK - breaks down to clean very easily and assembles quickly as well. Very simple design.
Don't forget to keep a lookout for their pmag deals. They add 10 "packing peanuts" to certain products to make some hot deals.

Don't forget to keep a lookout for their pmag deals. They add 10 "packing peanuts" to certain products to make some hot deals.
Tell me more!

I just picked up a very nice gun case and two AK steel mags for $50 from PSA. Great deal!

Finally shot the Stoeger this weekend, and discovered it was mislabeled and is actually a 20ga...

Shop took it back with no problem, and have a 12ga on the way now. My son and his buddy shoot 2 boxes of clay pigeons with it, so wasn't a total waste. I was 2/2 with is and then retired. 😂

It's a pretty sweet gun, just don't need another 20ga.

I’ve been shopping around for a lever action in 45-70. However before buying one I started looking at ammunition. Ouch! Might have to rethink or delay my purchase some. Also it seems like lever actions are the new beanie baby and selling for 2-3x msrp on some sites.

I’ve been shopping around for a lever action in 45-70. However before buying one I started looking at ammunition. Ouch! Might have to rethink or delay my purchase some. Also it seems like lever actions are the new beanie baby and selling for 2-3x msrp on some sites.
I really hope the cost of ammo comes back down at some point, at least to some extent. It's absurd.

I really hope the cost of ammo comes back down at some point, at least to some extent. It's absurd.
I agree 100%, I've purchased several new guns lately so I basically bit the bullet and just went out and bought the ammo so I could shoot. However the prices stung a bit. The only way I was able to find any deals was buying in bulk.

The one positive is ammo is regularly available now. I guess I'd take over priced vs not being available.

I think this may be a result of some states, which formerly allowed only shotgun, now allowing straight walled cartridge rifles. The 45-70 is the most popular choice.