• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guys that ride......Be Careful

very glad to hear you're ok! Any idea on how fast you or the truck were traveling? Also, were you on a city street or highway?

Sounds like you got a considerable amount of damage there! I hope you heal completely and quickly!

I was going about 50 before i hit my brakes and I don't know about him...prolly 25ish cquse he wasw turning into a driveway

My poor gixxer :angry:

pic15.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic5.jpg

Daaaaaammmnnnnn....and you survived that. You are definitely one of the lucky ones.

It is good to see you walked away from it mate. My uncle used to say: 'Treat everybody on the road as an idiot, and you might stay alive.' Of course, you cannot account for the elite class of moron that you could not even see plow into you, let alone avoid.

*shakes fist violently at all the morons who somehow have a drivers license.*

Too many fools turn a mode of transport into a lethal weapon.

I have seen my share of idiots in both vehicles (cars and cycles), I drive accordingly due to the precious nature of my cargo. California traffic laws allow for motorcycles to ride between cars when traffic stalls, which makes perfect sense to me, but I takes everything I have to not rage when a cyclist goes between me and another car while we are doing 70+ mph...........some riders like it on the edge, I just think is plain stupidity.

I am sorry for your misfortune and nearly lost my father to a similar accident that took place at 4:30 pm on his way home from work. He was hit by a drunk driver.............head on. He was launched 50-60 feet through the air. Suffered and received surgery on his right knee, right foot, left elbow, left shoulder, left wrist, internal damage fortunately no head trauma. His helmet was cracked front to back. His shoes, like yours, were laying 100's of feet from the impact point. He also received the bruising in the inner-thigh region only his looked like someone stuffed sausages under his skin because the motorcycle he was riding, 1970 Triumph Bonneville which had a tank rack that became imprinted on his inner-thighs. The driver of the other car left the scene.

Get well soon, learn from the experience and live with the gift that has been granted to you............a second time.

Stay upright!

wow...sounds like your dad had it a little rougher then I do. I am glad that the guy didn't take off and actually called 911. Also glad it wasn't an illegal or a mexican with no license because they would have let me die before they stuck around to get in trouble over it.

Glad you made it. I share the road every day with tourists, seniors and immigrants. We just had 2 bike weeks in a row and we have no helmet laws for riders over 18. Mostly alot of road rash, but several usually die each week and usually without helmets. Gas prices keep rising and the motorcycle accident rate will follow. Used to ride every day before the population exploded around here, but I really don't think I will ever buy another being somewhat disabled anyway now. I would definitely ride something loud if I had to though.