• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann #2 - Habana

Baird

Picked up a box of Upman #2's at the Partagas Factory in Havana for about $7.50USD per stick or $185USD for the box.

I couldn't resist cracking the box while in Cuba as I am a huge Montecristo #2 fan (they were sold out almost everywhere in Cuba last week) and wanted to see how the Upmann #2 compared.

I smoked 3 of these during the week and all 3 were excellent. They burned perfectly, the draw was excellent and I loved the taste.

I was expecting this cigar to be much lighter than a MC #2 and although the Upmann may be a tad lighter, they are still medium to almost full bodied. They were very rich and it was hard to believe these cigars just came right out of a 2007 box. These also seem to smoke out of the box better than a MC #2. It will be interesting to compare aged Upmann and MC #2's down the road.

I will likely smoke a few more this summer and let the rest age for a year or so.

Excellent cigar and no slouch when compared to a MC #2.

great sticks for your first review. i've got to get some of those Upmanns soon.

i'm sure we're all titillating to see some pictures of your spoils...next time!

welcome!

Nice review!

I actually prefer the Upmann Piramide to the Montecristo, which I think put me in the minority.

A year of sleep would be good. another 4-7 better still.

Nice review!

I actually prefer the Upmann Piramide to the Montecristo, which I think put me in the minority.

A year of sleep would be good. another 4-7 better still.

I'm with you on this one, but my favorite pyramid would be the PSP2 followed by the HU2, and VR Unicos.

Nice review, Baird.

I have one of these from '02 I received from a generous botl. I'm going to have to torch it soon. I have only had one decent Monte #2, and all the others were horrible. I hope the HU2 provides a better experience.

Well done, especially because there was more than one smoked as to me that adds a bit more validity to the review(s). This is not a slam on reviews where only one cigar is involved, but speaks as much to the consistancy within the box.

Thanks for the review. Quite the respectable effort. :)

Nice review!

I'm with you on this one, but my favorite pyramid would be the PSP2 followed by the HU2, and VR Unicos.

Nice review, Baird.
For once, I'm in disagreement. :D While I'm regularly underwhelmed by M2s, the few H2s I've smoked, I have actively disliked. I don't know what it is but I just cannot get into these. I do agree about the goodness of the PSP2 and Unicos. :thumbs:

Wilkey

For once, I'm in disagreement. :D While I'm regularly underwhelmed by M2s, the few H2s I've smoked, I have actively disliked. I don't know what it is but I just cannot get into these. I do agree about the goodness of the PSP2 and Unicos. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I don't like either one. Do I get a cookie?