• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Red or Brown Bands

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I just recently bought two boxes of H. Upmann Conn. 1's, one each from different vendors. One box had the red bands and the other came with the brown bands. The brown banded box had the box code FIM JUL 05 and the red banded box had the box code SIH JUL 05.

I have no doubts as to the authenticity of the cigars as they were purchased from very trusted vendors, however I'm looking for either some links or official word as to why they are using two different bands. I've found a little info while searching around regarding both bands being used, however anything else would be helpful.

Thanks!

What cigars were they? According to MRN there are different sizes with different color bands.

They are the H. Upmann Connoissoir No. 1's, which are 5x48.

Sorry for being blind and not reading the first line in your post. I get a 0 for reading comprehension today. I'll check MRN when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

Up until recently these cigars came un banded. The red and brown have been used for years on different Upmanns. There is no rhyme or reason as to what cigar gets red or brown. It is complete guess work as to which one you recieve.

I just recently bought two boxes of H. Upmann Conn. 1's, one each from different vendors. One box had the red bands and the other came with the brown bands. The brown banded box had the box code FIM JUL 05 and the red banded box had the box code SIH JUL 05.

I have no doubts as to the authenticity of the cigars as they were purchased from very trusted vendors, however I'm looking for either some links or official word as to why they are using two different bands. I've found a little info while searching around regarding both bands being used, however anything else would be helpful.

Thanks!

I've only ever seen these unbanded or with the brown bands. The single I have is with the brown band that I picked up in a shop in Europe. Since you trust your vendors, why not just ask them about the bands?

I have rec'd a reply from one of the vendors saying this.

"Hi Andy,

They are now using both types of bands. I know it just causes
confusion!

Best regards - Bart Simpson*"

* - name changed for obvious reasons