• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H.Upmann Sir Winston or Cohiba Siglo VI?

Ginseng

Banned
If one were to put some smokes down for a few years, what would you recommend?

1. Cohiba Siglo VI 10 box and stick it in the bottom of your humidor

or

2. H. Upmann Sir Winston 25 cab, split out 10-15 and stash the rest

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wilkey

The Siglos with age are incredible. I am working on a box from 2003 and I have a box from 2003 also in the Humi aging. These are good cigars now and with age will only get better.

I would go with the Siglo VI. The 25s come in a nice Cab Box that is great for aging.

That sounds promising RPB. I guess the other thing to throw into the equation is that the Sig VI are more expensive than the Sir Winston. Also, since it's a 10-box (actually, I think it's a varnished cab) sampling over the years can rapidly deplete the stock.

With the Sir Winstons in a 25 cab, you've got plenty to share as well as put away. Decisions, decisions.

Well, in any case, this is in the realm of speculation for right now. But I'd still like to hear about people's experiences with either the Sig VI or Sir Winston, especially with some age.

Thanks!
WIlkey

I'd go with the Siglo VI Tubos Wilkey. I've yet to have a Sir Winston that did anything for me. I've only had them with five years or less age though. Many vintage smokers say these are among the best Havanas with 10+ years of age. What I do know is the Siglo VI is a magnificent smoke with as little as a year of age and I would think the Tubos would be outstanding in as little as five years.

Go with both. If you feel like sharing I will pickup 5 of each.

Pm me if you got that route. Both are great cigars.

GKR

Lucas,

Thanks for the reply. I guess one question I'd have to wrestle with is whether I actually have the means to lay something down for that long. Ten years I mean. Perhaps it comes down to discipline.

Rat,

Once I disperse the $3,000 roofing bill, I'll think about pulling the trigger. Until then, you're on the list ;)

Wilkey

The correct answer is to buy both!

Buy a 10 box of Cohiba Siglo VI ...save 5, sell 5
Buy a 25 box of Sir Winnies.......save 10, sell 15

:cool:

MilesMingusMonk said:
The correct answer is to buy both!

Buy a 10 box of Cohiba Siglo VI ...save 5, sell 5
Buy a 25 box of Sir Winnies.......save 10, sell 15

:cool:
[snapback]237467[/snapback]​

Now that's the kind of innovative thinking that...is gonna get me in trouble. ;)

Wilkey

Sir Winstons hands down over the Siglo VI.

But if you really want to get something great that is smokeable today, grab a box of the Upmann Monarchs from JM OUSU.

Thanks for the comments.

True to cigar-nut tradition, both will be heading this way in the future.

Wilkey

The Master said:

But if you really want to get something great that is smokeable today, grab a box of the Upmann Monarchs from JM OUSU.
[snapback]239025[/snapback]​
I dont know how true it is but according to Min Ron Nee the monarchs are the same blend as the sir winstons, the SW's just come in a nicer box.

bigmac said:
The Master said:

[snapback]239025[/snapback]​
I dont know how true it is but according to Min Ron Nee the monarchs are the same blend as the sir winstons, the SW's just come in a nicer box.
[snapback]239066[/snapback]​

Roger that, BigMac. That's my understanding as well according to other knowledgeable men. Same blend but with slightly choicer selection of leaf goes into the Winnies.

Wilkey

I would say it depends on how long you intend on stashing them. Long term? My vote goes to the Sir Winnies!!!

i havent tried the winnies. the Siglo VI is a great cigar, IMHO

Two different smokes but I enjoy both of them... I should since Cohiba and Upmann are two of favorite brands. The solution... get both in boxes of 25, save 15 each and sell 10.

Of the 15 each... age 10 and the other 5 can be smoked on occasion to see how your cigars are aging.

Aloha,

Wade