• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Uppman (ISOM)....audio review

jgohlke

My other hobby
Click here for the mp3 file audio link

Hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed recording it...and a big hello from sunny Central Florida! :cool:

Cheers,
Joe

The file is 1.5M.

Nice to listen to after shoveling my car out of 18 inches of snow..... :cool:

That sounds like one of the next cigars I need to try.... not necessarily ISOM just a nice Uppman, probably a Petit Corona

Thanks for the audio

I've heard h ups are best from the dark side. Hope so the nc's are nothing to write home about.

Nice to HEAR contemporaneous notes about a smoking experience. A different twist on the review process. :) Next time you do that, hopefully it's the middle of the summer and it's 90+ degrees and 90+ humidity and you are cooking your butt off since right now most of the rest of us are freezing our butts off and can't even think of drinikng a beer outside. :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edited for missing word.

Drink a beer outside hahahaha It would freeze or I would. Last night was 17 below.

hmm, cool idea an audio review.

pretty good review too.
keep the audios coming!

:thumbs:

He has one other. I forget the cigar but the idea is great. I could put these on the mp3 and listen on the way home from work. Nice work man.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm working on the technology a bit, the previous post was a WAV file, but I figured out how to convert the files to MP3 on my old pc (I've reduced the bit rate quite a bit, since I'm just speaking, the fidelity isn't that important, plus it makes the files smaller). Plus I had to get some web space to host the mp3 files, so I can link to them. I think I have these issues resolved.

It's fun to do, but I am still a bit overloaded (like learning to drive a stick-shift car) with paying attention to the cigar and keeping the computer stuff going....plus trying to just enjoy the experience. Between the cigar, the beer, the microphone, the mouse (plus I was talking to Sprintpcs cust svc for a while and then helping my wife with her new cell phone)...I need about 6 hands! :laugh:

In the middle of all that, the cigar was just the perfect thing. I'm clicking the mouse, turning the mic on, talking to my wife, looking for my beer, etc....then take a puff from the cigar...each time, it was "Wow, this cigar is great!"....then, "Huh, what was I doing?"...ha, ha, ha

Plus (not to rub it in too much.... :whistling: ) it was just the most glorious day! We have had some rain, cloudy weather for the last couple of days....it cleared Sunday about noon, the clouds disappeared, the sun came out, the sky was a beautiful blue color, it was just a bit chilly in the shade, perfect in the sun. We have lived in the house 8 years and it was the first time I have sat on the porch for longer than about 2 mins. It was like discovering the perfect spot and it was right in my front yard!

Hey, enjoy that snow! :sign:

Cheers,
Joe

BrownDevil said:
It was a La Aurora Preferido.....platinum tube if I recall  :)
[snapback]160574[/snapback]​

Red tube actually... the maduro torp. Another excellent review, Joe!

jgohlke said:
Click here for the mp3 file audio link

Hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed recording it...and a big hello from sunny Central Florida! :cool:

Cheers,
Joe

The file is 1.5M.
[snapback]160404[/snapback]​
very cool idea, joe!
I really enjoyed listening to the recorded review. :thumbs:

A+ for originality. :)

That was a Sir Winston!! Glad you enjoyed it brother!! Friends don't let friends PCS!! or AOL!!!

Really cool review!! :D :D

Great review Joe and a very cool idea about the audio review. :thumbs:

Definitely something we'll see more of with the computer advances in the near future....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

jgohlke said:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm working on the technology a bit, the previous post was a WAV file, but I figured out how to convert the files to MP3 on my old pc (I've reduced the bit rate quite a bit, since I'm just speaking, the fidelity isn't that important, plus it makes the files smaller). Plus I had to get some web space to host the mp3 files, so I can link to them. I think I have these issues resolved.

It's fun to do, but I am still a bit overloaded (like learning to drive a stick-shift car) with paying attention to the cigar and keeping the computer stuff going....plus trying to just enjoy the experience. Between the cigar, the beer, the microphone, the mouse (plus I was talking to Sprintpcs cust svc for a while and then helping my wife with her new cell phone)...I need about 6 hands! :laugh:

In the middle of all that, the cigar was just the perfect thing. I'm clicking the mouse, turning the mic on, talking to my wife, looking for my beer, etc....then take a puff from the cigar...each time, it was "Wow, this cigar is great!"....then, "Huh, what was I doing?"...ha, ha, ha

Plus (not to rub it in too much.... :whistling: ) it was just the most glorious day! We have had some rain, cloudy weather for the last couple of days....it cleared Sunday about noon, the clouds disappeared, the sun came out, the sky was a beautiful blue color, it was just a bit chilly in the shade, perfect in the sun. We have lived in the house 8 years and it was the first time I have sat on the porch for longer than about 2 mins. It was like discovering the perfect spot and it was right in my front yard!

Hey, enjoy that snow! :sign:

Cheers,
Joe
[snapback]160587[/snapback]​

You can pick up an MP3 player with an integrated recorder. That way, you could sit outside and not worry about having a computer on hand. Below are a couple of them. These are just ideas, I don't have any recommendations for any of them.

HIRO MP3 player/recorder
Creative Rhomba
Jet Audio MP3 player/recorder

Aaron.

The audio format was quite an interesting change of pace. I like the originiality quite a bit. The description of the day and the cigar makes me want to go out and have a smoke despite the fact that its probably in the 30s right now and it's only mid afternoon. Where are you Spring?