• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Habanos Musica

Hylan85

Hey CP,

There's a Cuban bar/restaurant in NYC that I go to almost on a weekly basis for dinner because not only is the food amazing, but they have a band that play live Latin music. So I had this idea that in an attempt at furthering my ISOM experience it might be pretty cool to have some music to go with my habanos. Aside from that, I just want to listen to it in general. So the question is do any of you know some albums/artists I should look into? I'm not sure the exact genre that they play, but it's generally up beat, very catchy, and it just reminds me of cigars, my vacation in Aruba, and how much I wish we could travel to Cuba.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas :D

I don't know a lot of what the Cuban People listen to, but I like a lot of the music "Chesky Records" has. Excellent recordings to boot.

Buena Vista Social Club. It was kind of a Cuban music all star lineup.

Buena Vista Social Club. It was kind of a Cuban music all star lineup.

X2

They have a couple albums, one is a series of cover songs with them performing the music and using the original artists' vocal track. (AFAIK)

x3 on Buena Vista Social Club. I have a lot of their work downloaded onto my iTouch.

BVSC is a great portal into the world of son-cubano music. Same with Afro-Cuban All Stars.

From those you can branch into the solo albums of Ruben Gonzalez and Ibrahim Ferrer. Both of whom have passed away in this last decade.

Amazing music! Have fun discovering it.

Bill