• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hank Proia RIP Devil Doc.

Wow. I really was not thinking this at all. I really hate that. Damn. Doc you will be missed brother. Smoke an amazing one up there brother.

R.I.P. Doc.

My condolences to all that knew him.

Cigar Pass is just a little bit less shiny and special now.

I never met Hank in person, but the impact he's had upon me personally is profound. I think I'll have a good shave later on today, of course with a Feather blade like he recommended all those years ago. Maybe I'll make some Pork Shoulder Braised in White Wine and serve it over some egg noodles, my recipe copied and pasted straight from when he posted it here. I know I'll definitely smoke something good tonight. A Sir Winnie would be appropriate--you know, like Hank enjoyed.

Dammit.

Here's a toast...

This one is still such a surprise. I never met Hank in person, but we had many discussions and he always checked in with me, when I took a break from CP. His wit, his Memorial Day stories and just fatherly advice in general..........was/is huge.

2020 was really hard, with the passing of Larry @golfgar and David @NorCalCigarLover

2021 is starting out shitty as well.

Here is the last Memorial day post I found just for those that didn't get a chance to read it. I know there were more, but at least reposting this one here.

Sadly I was only able to have a few brief exchanges of messages with, Doc. But you don’t become a CigarPass “Household name” without being a hell of a guy, of this I am sure. Rest easy brother.

Sad news indeed. I never got to meet Doc but remember many of the things he said. RIP Doc.