• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Birthday Bob Marley

Alph Chomper

A real **cough cough** smoker.

That's him on my Avatar.

Seeing him in concert 1977 and 1978 were Natural Mystic experiences.

Wow. I totally forgot that it was Bob's B-Day. Babylon By Bus is one of my favorites. Irie! :D

Picked up a 4 disc box set at Costco the other day. Ja Rule! :D

Ronald Reagan's birthday too, February 6, 1911 so he's 93 today. Unfortunately, he's suffering from Alzheimer's like my mom which is no picnic. Of course Reagan critics may argue that he was always out of his mind but you guys know me well enough to know he's one of my favorites.

This is NOT a thread jack, we're talking February 6th so I didn't stray too much :D

*EDIT* I had the year wrong, OOOOOPS, 1911 not 1910

The cd to get is "Legend." It's the first thing I get for for a gift for any friends who are even mildly interested in Reggae. It's a great compliation of Bob's hits.

Saw Bob in 1978, maybe the same tour as Big Slim. While not one of my favorites it was a pretty good show and the chick I was with was into it :)

This man is a LEGEND!!!!

I'll smoke a few for YOU tonight Bob,

Hell I'll smoke one for Regan too!! LOL

Okay not sure if this is acceptible question or not but I heard that the term "420" was linked in some way to bob marleys either birthday or death or something.

Anyone have any info info as to where the term came from?

Phil

Bob is associated with 420 because of his smoking.

Many know that 420 is a "code" for marijuana. But what is the origin? This page supplies possible reasons for the age-old association as well as coincidences and connections between pot and that magic number.

4:20 is tea-time for pot-smokers in Holland
April 20th (4/20) is National Pot Smokers Day
420 is a police code for a drug bust in Los Angeles
The first joint ever smoked was supposedly at 4:20
Bob Marley died at 4:20
There are approximately 420 active chemicals in THC
4:20 was when many hippies could finally get out of detention and get to smoke their first joint of the day
All the clocks in Pulp Fiction are set to 4:20
420 is hebrew for smoking (hmm...)
Chong was born at 4:20 on 4/20
Phish started all its sets at the Great Went at 4:20
Jerry Garcia apparently died at 4:23 (with 3 minutes being the average time for THC to set in to one's system)
Boston's Song "Smokin'" is 4 minutes, 20 seconds.

Thanks to Hoox for the above info.

coventrycat86 said:
Ronald Reagan's birthday too, February 6, 1910 so he's 94 today. Unfortunately, he's suffering from Alzheimer's like my mom which is no picnic. Of course Reagan critics may argue that he was always out of his mind but you guys know me well enough to know he's one of my favorites.

This is NOT a thread jack, we're talking February 6th so I didn't stray too much :D
Now HERE's a more appropriate B-day thread! I'll smoke to that!

A real **cough cough** smoker.

That's him on my Avatar.

Seeing him in concert 1977 and 1978 were Natural Mystic experiences.

How does that work?? your profile dates you at only being 2-3 years old at that time.

Apart from Hendrix and Mozart, Marley is the one that makes me wish time travel was possible. I was never jealous of AVB's "musical prowess"; but now I think I hate him ;) And WOW, talk about a dead thread.
Saw Bob in 1978, maybe the same tour as Big Slim. While not one of my favorites it was a pretty good show and the chick I was with was into it :)

"Hey Bobby Marley! Play something good for me. This world gone crazy, it's an emergency."
-Manu Chao

RIP Robert Nestor Marley.

-Rob

I hope you are restin' well Bob and Happy B-Day to ya...... :) :thumbs: :cool: