• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Birthday United States Marines

HooRah!!!

Thank you all...Semper Fidelis...

And Mr. Fields, that's the Army's call...Ooo-Rah is the Marine Corps.

Actually, I was always taught either was correct when I served myself.

From Ask.com
Hoorah!
It is uttered at award ceremonies, bellowed from formations, and repeated before, during and after training missions. You can hear it shouted by Air Force Security Forces, Pararescue, and Combat Controllers. The word is thundered out by Navy SEALs, and by United States Marines.

Yesterday's news Headline (Written by a former Marine)

Hoorah; The Marine Corps Birthday Online

This Veterans Day also is the day after an important birthday. Oorah and Semper Fi; The USMC is 234 years old on November 10th. When Captain Samuel Nicholas formed two battalions of Continental Marines on 10 November 1775 he probably never thought he would see them turned into one of the worlds finest fighting forces to be reconned with, not to mention the brotherhood, and the most respected unwritten rule "Never Leave a Man Behind!"

Back then, communications may have been via scouts on foot or horseback even. In 2009, the most modern of communication tools including the internet are available to todays Corps.

While serving in the Peace Corps, 98-00, I met some Marines that I will never forget. Some of the best and fiercest humans I've ever met. Some real crazy f.ckers as well. Beyond that I work with a few retired Marines that are also some of the best guys I know.

My hat goes off to all of you. Thank you for everything, and don't ever change a thing.