• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hard facts on humidity

I saw the title started with Hard Facts and was scared to see what links Gary would post.

I'm at a loss did not know you could search on here ;)

Bsneed51 said:
I saw the title started with Hard Facts and was scared to see what links Gary would post.

Linky  ???

tumblr_m2en0xyYpU1r9wdo0o1_500.jpg

ninjasaurus said:

You all are a bunch of childish, immature buttholes. Please quit derailing this thread and let's get back on track to answering the OP's question. This has never been answered before.... I'm interested in finding the answers.
Fields, Thanks for the attempt to direct back to the question. It's a valid topic that is usually discussed in terms of opinions, or I do this or that. Then someone throws out a RH chart and calls it good. The article touched on a scientific reason to store at a particular RH. I'm interested in more information along those lines.

---Lou, hello. My name is ninjasaurus (BTW, that's not my real name). I'm a Gemini. 6'1", 205lbs. I'm an avid cyclist (you know, the spandex kind). I prefer bourbon over scotch and American craft beer over European beer. Try a Schlafley A-IPA next spring; it's delicious. Also, I'm not looking for opinions on humidity, which is discussed to death EVERYWHERE. I'm looking for facts on humidity (RH) and its effects on cigars, specifically the oils as mentioned in the article. Did you read the article? (that's not a sarcastic question.) RH charts don't count either. I don't care about opinions. I already have one.
---Blinded by science, I am happy, but that doesn't mean I can't improve upon what I'm doing. I'm new to the forum, but not to cigars.
---4cblnc3po, or whatever, I do enjoy science and facts, that's why I asked the question. Doing my own experiment will not offer science and facts, just an observation. I could prefer a drier smoke, but storing it at low humidity for extended periods could ruin it as opposed to storing at 70% and dry boxing or transferring to a lower humidity humidor prior to smoking. Science would be able to tell us that. Science is awesome.

Or whatever, Ninja-sore-ass.  :laugh:

4cbln3 said:
You all are a bunch of childish, immature buttholes. Please quit derailing this thread and let's get back on track to answering the OP's question. This has never been answered before.... I'm interested in finding the answers.
Fields, Thanks for the attempt to direct back to the question. It's a valid topic that is usually discussed in terms of opinions, or I do this or that. Then someone throws out a RH chart and calls it good. The article touched on a scientific reason to store at a particular RH. I'm interested in more information along those lines.
---Lou, hello. My name is ninjasaurus (BTW, that's not my real name). I'm a Gemini. 6'1", 205lbs. I'm an avid cyclist (you know, the spandex kind). I prefer bourbon over scotch and American craft beer over European beer. Try a Schlafley A-IPA next spring; it's delicious. Also, I'm not looking for opinions on humidity, which is discussed to death EVERYWHERE. I'm looking for facts on humidity (RH) and its effects on cigars, specifically the oils as mentioned in the article. Did you read the article? (that's not a sarcastic question.) RH charts don't count either. I don't care about opinions. I already have one.
---Blinded by science, I am happy, but that doesn't mean I can't improve upon what I'm doing. I'm new to the forum, but not to cigars.
---4cblnc3po, or whatever, I do enjoy science and facts, that's why I asked the question. Doing my own experiment will not offer science and facts, just an observation. I could prefer a drier smoke, but storing it at low humidity for extended periods could ruin it as opposed to storing at 70% and dry boxing or transferring to a lower humidity humidor prior to smoking. Science would be able to tell us that. Science is awesome.
Or whatever, Ninja-sore-ass.  :laugh:

Haha. I like that; it's clever.

This isn't a scientific issue, it's preference. The only facts are too low and oils evaporate and too high is mold. It's preference as to what point you want to pick in between.

JHolmes763 said:
This isn't a scientific issue, it's preference. The only facts are too low and oils evaporate and too high is mold. It's preference as to what point you want to pick in between.

My preference is to have 2 humidors.  I have one that I use to make the cigars moldy, then the other is to dry all the oils out of them.  Dry moldy cigars are WAY better than any cigar you will ever smoke!

JHolmes763 said:

Spoiler!

Beside - I keep the NC humi at a different RH than the CC humi!

ninjasaurus said:

Bazinga!

I like this guy.

LarryH said:
I keep all my humidors/coolidors at different humidities.

I keep my cabinet at different humidity levels depending on where you are in the cabinet.  On Thursday.

...... :p

Bazinga!

I like this guy.

Perceptions vary.

Doc

There isn't a damn thing wrong with European beer, btw.  Well, unless you consider InBev.

You mean the company who own 80% of everything beer related ? Lol

Hard fact on humidity: It makes knee joints ache.

ninjasaurus said:
ninjasaurus, on 27 Aug 2013 - 8:55 PM, said:

Science would be able to tell us that. Science is awesome.
Even so, some science is controversial. So, you may not be able to find an undisputed solution.

A smoke is a smoke, store them how you like them.

Me, I like them at 65/ 65%.

Further, I'm not certain that RH alone means as much if you don't quote the temp. Since moisture content changes for RH as temp changes.