• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harlem Globetrotters vs NBA?

Who would win?

• Harlem Globetrotters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NBAs best team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
This is trying to settle a little argument between a friend and I. If the NBA suited their best team, would they beat the Harlem Globetrotters?

I say yes, my friend says no. What do the rest of you say?

Tough to call, the Globetrotters do have winning streaks of 2,495 games, 8,829 games and 1,270 games albeit exhibition games. I've always believed the Globetrotters were banned from the NBA for being too good. Notch one vote for the Harlem brothas!

NBA teams train to win. The HGs rehearse to entertain. I'm not bustin' on the HGs' skills...but the NBA is a whole different ball game...pardon the pun.

I would love to see a "real" game between the two, not just a "show" game.

I'd go with the best NBA team that is put together for points. But for showmanship, none other than the Globetrotters. :thumbs:

The HG are a great show, but I just don't think they could beat the best NBA team any more. Guys who are really good at basketball want to go to the NBA to make lots of money, what would be the point of being good enough to make millions and sayi8ng no I would rather make no money and play for a show team. I love to watch, but I just don't believe they have the talent to compete. JMHO though.

I recall the Trotters making a trip to East Lansing, MI a couple years back and getting toasted by the Michigan State Spartans. That should be proof enough that they'd have no chance against a NBA team.

On a side note:

Xav, if you feel it necessary to use my handle as your "member title" you could respectfully ask permission or send me a truck load of havanas...your choice. ;)

I recall the Trotters making a trip to East Lansing, MI a couple years back and getting toasted by the Michigan State Spartans. That should be proof enough that they'd have no chance against a NBA team.

Is the game you're talking about the Spartans 82-80 win over the Globetrotters? They have played on other occassions including 2003 where the Globetrotters won 97-83.

Well I guess that's that toasted...probably should've googled instead of remembering.LOL I hate the those Spartans anyway. GO BLUE!

Brandon, I would agree with you if we were in the Dream Team Era. Not now, we couldn't beat Puerto Rico, Lithuania or Argentina in the last olympics with our best players. They don't know how to play team ball and couldn't hit a 20 footer if there lives depended on it. Globe Trotters all the way!!!

what a stupid question brandon. although youre right, you should apologize to me for actually having to ask. for the most part, the globetrotters are made up of guys who didnt make an nba roster. do you think if they were good enough to make an nba team they would still play on a circus team???

c'mon, give me something thought provoking. emmit vs barry, should rose be in the hall of fame, the funniest part of the apple...something.

JEFFERY! Good to see your still out there! How's things bud?

IMHO hands down the NBA. Saw the Globtrotters a year ago... great show and my kids and I loved 'em. I miss Meadowlark, Geese and Curly though.

:D

Hey I saw the Globetrotters beat a bunch of robots specifically trained to play superior basketball on Gilligan's Island. If they can overcome that, they can beat anyone.