• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Do you have friends here??!!? You just joined and have two posts and this being one of them. I think you were trying to say something about our views change as adults but to come in swinging and then expect someone to talk to you...that takes balls. I hope that you learn about cigars from CP because there are a great bunch of people here, one word of advice don't continue your current ways.

That's a great way to greet a newer member here. I bring him here because he wants to learn more about our illustrious hobby and, in the process, tell him we're good people, and on his second post you tell him to go fugg off? Maybe you should appoint yourself to the "Welcoming Committee", I hear they're in need of another rude person...

I'm going to disagree with you for one simple reason. I did not read these books until just a few years ago when my son was old enough to understand and enjoy them. I did not see any of the movies in this series again, until the last few years as he and I watch them together. I'm over 30 years old and I had no problem using my imagination to picture what was going on, and to allow myself to enjoy the "pretend" elements of these movies. I think you can still draw enjoyment from "kids movies" if you drop your cynisim for a couple of hours and allow yourself to enjoy such things. You don't have to have kids eyes to find enjoyment in books, movies, music, etc. You just have to allow yourself to let it happen.

I applaud you for being able to enjoy this series along with your son. I also applaud your ability to still use your imagination as a thirty year old.

Yes, I took it exactly as Dave did. As adults, we often lose sight of what's behind closed eyes: IMAGINATION... We get so wrapped up in today's life and society that we forget to sit down and enjoy one of life's rare, priceless treasures: our own wandering mind.

I was waiting for that to happen... :( Lurch's Gramps has a good point.

Do you have friends here??!!? You just joined and have two posts and this being one of them. I think you were trying to say something about our views change as adults but to come in swinging and then expect someone to talk to you...that takes balls. I hope that you learn about cigars from CP because there are a great bunch of people here, one word of advice don't continue your current ways.

That's a great way to greet a newer member here. I bring him here because he wants to learn more about our illustrious hobby and, in the process, tell him we're good people, and on his second post you tell him to go fugg off? Maybe you should appoint yourself to the "Welcoming Committee", I hear they're in need of another rude person...

I'm going to disagree with you for one simple reason. I did not read these books until just a few years ago when my son was old enough to understand and enjoy them. I did not see any of the movies in this series again, until the last few years as he and I watch them together. I'm over 30 years old and I had no problem using my imagination to picture what was going on, and to allow myself to enjoy the "pretend" elements of these movies. I think you can still draw enjoyment from "kids movies" if you drop your cynisim for a couple of hours and allow yourself to enjoy such things. You don't have to have kids eyes to find enjoyment in books, movies, music, etc. You just have to allow yourself to let it happen.

I applaud you for being able to enjoy this series along with your son. I also applaud your ability to still use your imagination as a thirty year old.

Yes, I took it exactly as Dave did. As adults, we often lose sight of what's behind closed eyes: IMAGINATION... We get so wrapped up in today's life and society that we forget to sit down and enjoy one of life's rare, priceless treasures: our own wandering mind.

He came hear to learn about cigars and then he making fun of people IMO and then is like someone talk to me about cigars. What is that??? I usually don't get involved in all of the other BS on this board and people know that. This one just struck a cord with me and I felt I need to say something. It is my right.