• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Yeah yeah, it's nerdy, but this one should be pretty dark and awesome. There will be some death and zombies (inferni) and the one in my town is almost sold out. I was looking in Knoxville, and one theater has 12 screens sold out...

Anyone else going?

Yeah yeah, it's nerdy, but this one should be pretty dark and awesome. There will be some death and zombies (inferni) and the one in my town is almost sold out. I was looking in Knoxville, and one theater has 12 screens sold out...

Anyone else going?

I downloaded and watched it a week ago. It was alright. *shrug*

Anyone else going?

I downloaded and watched it a week ago. It was alright. *shrug*

Do you download and use "cracked" software without paying for it?

Oh, no. Of course not. That would be ridiculous.

...I charge it to the company credit card. :whistling:

Yeahthatsme (Joe Joe) is going, and I'm sure he'll be going in his Griffindor's best:

gen_hp.jpg

:sign: :laugh: :sign:

Wow....now that is a big stick you got there, buddy. Say, is that a magical levetating globe in the background? And what's with the manic facial expression? Looks a little like my second wife...Yes, she was a witch. There, I said it.

We'll leave Jon's fantasies to...well...Brent.

Anyways, Harry Potter wasn't bad. More deviations from the book, and they cut out what was in my opinion the best part, but oh well. Pretty humorous, at least.

Haven't seen it myself, but heard it made $20 million for the midnight showing. All I gotta say is DAAAMMMMMMMMNNNN..... :0

We'll leave Jon's fantasies to...well...Brent.

Anyways, Harry Potter wasn't bad. More deviations from the book, and they cut out what was in my opinion the best part, but oh well. Pretty humorous, at least.

For the most part, I share the same sentiments.

I was a little let down, I thought this would be one of the best movies of the series thus far...but, I was wrong.

:(

I didn't go, but the local theatre here in Montgomery had 11 screens playing the midnight showing and all of them sold out.

At the risk of losing you as friends, I believe the problem is really quite simple. We arn't kids anymore and we don't see through kids eyes. When we were, we wore capes, put trading cards on our bikes for a motor and thought Buck Rogers was amazing. Now we work and moan about that, we issed because we can't legally buy cubans and we spend our time looking for that perfect stogie while spending a ton of money to find it (not that the search isn't worth the effort). Kids see through different eyes and pretending is part of the game.

And for one last remark, for a lady who dreamed this up in her head, her billions speak reams. Our approval wasn't needed. They said it all.

Now, will someone chat with me so I can begin to understand about cigars.

Ed

Classically, a cape is often a very refined article. I'd imagine many cigar smokers wore capes as a matter of course. I'd wear a cape, but many people would confuse it with a trench coat and that most decidedly is not the look I'd be going for.

At the risk of losing you as friends, I believe the problem is really quite simple. We arn't kids anymore and we don't see through kids eyes. When we were, we wore capes, put trading cards on our bikes for a motor and thought Buck Rogers was amazing. Now we work and moan about that, we issed because we can't legally buy cubans and we spend our time looking for that perfect stogie while spending a ton of money to find it (not that the search isn't worth the effort). Kids see through different eyes and pretending is part of the game.

And for one last remark, for a lady who dreamed this up in her head, her billions speak reams. Our approval wasn't needed. They said it all.

Ed

So in other words, adults can't enjoy these movies?

Ed

I am confused, could you make this more clear for me at what point you are trying to hammer home to us CPer's.

Thanks

David

Ed

Do you have friends here??!!? You just joined and have two posts and this being one of them. I think you were trying to say something about our views change as adults but to come in swinging and then expect someone to talk to you...that takes balls. I hope that you learn about cigars from CP because there are a great bunch of people here, one word of advice don't continue your current ways.

Come on guys, go easy on Gramps. :rolleyes: I interpret it as "since we're not viewing it through a kid's eyes, we're seeing a different movie. We may have appreciated it more when we were kids than we do now." There is truth in that statement. There are plenty of movies I loved when I was a kid that I wonder why I even liked them now. On the flip side, I like a lot of stuff that many view as juvenile and I still derive tremendous enjoyment from them.

As for our approval, while it isn't needed to line somebody's pockets, we are still the audience and our say should matter, or we won't be an audience for it in the future.

Just my two cents.

I'm going to disagree with you for one simple reason. I did not read these books until just a few years ago when my son was old enough to understand and enjoy them. I did not see any of the movies in this series again, until the last few years as he and I watch them together. I'm over 30 years old and I had no problem using my imagination to picture what was going on, and to allow myself to enjoy the "pretend" elements of these movies. I think you can still draw enjoyment from "kids movies" if you drop your cynisim for a couple of hours and allow yourself to enjoy such things. You don't have to have kids eyes to find enjoyment in books, movies, music, etc. You just have to allow yourself to let it happen.