• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harviestown Ola Dubh 16

FlyingPanther

IMG_0044.jpg

I found this beer today at the Stuffed Sandwich. This beer is the same as the Old English Oil but is is a special release that has been aged in casks from Highland Park distillery. This one has been aged in the casks that contained the Highland Park 16. They also have expressions that have been aged in 12 and 30 year old casks.

Nose: You can defiantly smell the whisky here. Lots of it.

Taste: Lots of chocolate with a distinct whisky smell. The barrels have defiantly imparted a distinct flavor. The whisky is more prevalent in this beer than the Original Engine Oil.

Finish: This beer is quite a bit smoother than the Old English Oil. The beer is very warming. I want to purchase a few more of these as this is a special beer.

I have drunk quite a bit of Highland Park whisky and this beer has definite characteristics of this great whisky. I highly recommend this.

This is one of those elusive beers, that nobody really knows about. I enjoy these, and they are worth seeking out. I believe they are only sold in singles...try the oldest barrel aged.