• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone done the Whole30 "diet"

2K6TBSS

First off, I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmans and NEw Years!

I joined a Crossfit gym a few months ago and have seen some good results so far, with keeping my current (not so good) diet.  I was talking to the owner of the Crossfit gym I go to and he told me about the Whole30 "diet".

It doesn't really sound like a "diet", but more like a metabolism (or whole body) system reset.  Has anyone tried it?  If so, what was your experience, did you find it worth it, did you notice any difference?

I was in crossfit for a few months last year...until they tried to get me to do some of the stupidest "mod" hang cleans...be careful of the coaches...some really have no idea what they are doing 

*disclaimer *

I'm not a Doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Just a guy who has lost (and gained) some weight over the past couple of years.

Fad diets are are junk. Also remember fad diets work... Proved you stick with them. The Whole30 seems pretty restrictive and I personally don't buy into the concept of "resetting" your body.

To be brief weight loss boils down to calories out has to be greater than calories in. Making good food choices allows you to eat more food(think lean meats and vegetables) over eating calorie dense foods like pastas and processed items.

Crossfit is insane.  Just sayin'.   :whistling:

Diet depends a lot on age.  Older you get, fewer carbs and calories you need and the less good for you grains will tend to be.  That's mostly why the people jumping on the "gluten free" bandwagon feel better immediately even though they don't have a gluten allergy or celiac disease.  Plenty of fresh veggies, lean/healthy meats, some nuts and legumes, seasonal fruit, and enough fiber.  Take a look at European portion sizes and do that. It's not magic. Or rocket science.

~Boar

Breedy said:
*disclaimer *

I'm not a Doctor nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Just a guy who has lost (and gained) some weight over the past couple of years.

Fad diets are are junk. Also remember fad diets work... Proved you stick with them. The Whole30 seems pretty restrictive and I personally don't buy into the concept of "resetting" your body.

To be brief weight loss boils down to calories out has to be greater than calories in. Making good food choices allows you to eat more food(think lean meats and vegetables) over eating calorie dense foods like pastas and processed items.

Not A Nice Person said:
Crossfit is insane.  Just sayin'.   :whistling:

Diet depends a lot on age.  Older you get, fewer carbs and calories you need and the less good for you grains will tend to be.  That's mostly why the people jumping on the "gluten free" bandwagon feel better immediately even though they don't have a gluten allergy or celiac disease.  Plenty of fresh veggies, lean/healthy meats, some nuts and legumes, seasonal fruit, and enough fiber.  Take a look at European portion sizes and do that. It's not magic. Or rocket science.

~Boar

This seems very similar to the Whole30 thing.  It's taking out the "bad" stuff you eat on a daily basis, like grains and dairy products that your body has a hard time breaking down.  I am considering doing the 30 day thing, then slowly introducing different things back into my diet to see what effects they would have on my body.

This diet wouldn't necessarily be a for the rest of my life thing, but it seems like a good baseline to start with to rework my current food choices.

It's basically low-carb Mediterranean, really.  But back in my twenties I did the whole intestinal rejuvenation thing, taking the diet down to the cleanest possible and then, as you say, reintroducing things one at a time to see what's what.  I was a vegetarian for awhile, and then a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and then a lacto-ovo-pescatarian, and then a, errrrrrm, bacon cheeseburger and a side of fries-atarian . . .  :laugh:

Right now one of those skinny flat multigrain buns and a handful of Gardetto's at lunch is the only regular starch in my diet.  I had my thyroid out in '00 and it's been a losing battle ever since, weight wise, but I feel much better without the starches and sugars. Lots of spinach, kale, and asparagus; lots of salmon, a couple glasses of red wine most days.

One thing with the low carbs, though, I added Metamucil twice a day on my doctor's advice, to help get my cholesterol down.  Was getting plenty of fiber with the veggies but it's all soluble fiber and you need about 30% insoluble fiber to keep a healthy balance going in your gut bacteria.  Side benefit is it keeps my appetite way down to tiny portions.  Side not such a benefit is about twice a day my ass feels like a train tunnel with the 5 o'clock freight line going through.   :blush:

~Boar

Thanks for the info Boar.

Your current eating habits are what I am striving towards, but I wanted to try the whole clean out thing first.

Can't hurt.  Thirty days with no sugar and no grain and no processed junk will have you feeling about 10 years younger.

For true intestinal rejuvenation you really need to eliminate meat for 4-6 weeks as well, but to see if you even NEED rejuve there's a simple test: swallow a couple handfuls of raw shelled sunflower seeds and, well, time how long it takes them to make it out the other end.  Around 8 hours means you have an irritated bowel and 24 means you're clogged up. If you see 'em in about 12 hours or so, that Whole 30 is a good approach (I googled it up) although I'd say emphasize veggies over meat more than their intro page seems to.

Detox isn't really a "thing"---it's fad diet quackery with no real scientific proof or basis---but cleaning out your digestive system and restoring a healthy balance to your gut bacteria colonies is never a bad idea.  Everyone loved The Duke, but no one wants to die with 27 pounds of rotting red meat clogging their intestines.  ???

~Boar

Is this all diet tricks actually works? I tried them all, but it's not working for me. So, I found this article and I'm trying it and it's working for me so far. This is a medical cannabis and it can regulate weight for regulating memory and appetite, and when triggered by the compound cannabidiol, can cause memory lapses and an insatiable appetite. It can also help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Nowadays, there are several products of cannabis created, not only for smoking. Like this one http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chocolate-kush/ . So far, it really helps me to relax and I can see that there's a changes in my weight.

Is this all diet tricks actually works? I tried them all, but it's not working for me. So, I found this article and I'm trying it and it's working for me so far. This is a medical cannabis and it can regulate weight for regulating memory and appetite, and when triggered by the compound cannabidiol, can cause memory lapses and an insatiable appetite. It can also help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Nowadays, there are several products of cannabis created, not only for smoking. Like this one http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chocolate-kush/ . So far, it really helps me to relax and I can see that there's a changes in my weight.

Fuck off.
Reported

We see through affiliates around here pretty easily.

Cannabis pretty much has the opposite effect on me anyways. Always makes my pants shrink. ?

686A4E19-6770-4895-9535-44904E513366.gif

Is it weird to anyone else that we will have the most random trolls/bots? I can understand posting non-legit cigar sites but vape shit and marijuana? Everything has its place but I mean come on we are talking about diets lol.

I just completed another 7 day juice cleanse, lost 18 lbs, but the real reason I posted was because during these 7 days, I was never hungry... I enjoyed the process... I feel great. Pm me and I will send you the pdf.