• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone else made this connection?

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but watching Bill (CigSid) do his thing, he's reminding me an awful lot of #1 (Infinity, for those that don't go back that far). A lot of people bomb and they do it for the right reasons with what they have available, because I know that each persons humi is different, but there's a genuine, selfless nature in which Bill goes about this that I haven't seen since Brian was with us. I say this because I've been on the receiving end of Bill's kindness also. Bill is one of those guys that I can imaging is smiling the whole time while putting a package together. Not because he knows he's going to blow someone away, but because of the joy it's bringing him by giving.

Bill, I know you didn't know Brian, but to be compared to him is possibly one of the greatest compliments I think I could give on CP. I think he would have really liked you.

Hey John, is it time to bring the Bomb Brothers back? :)

You are correct #2. I see many similarities. I've thought that for quite some time. As you already said, it's not about the content....of course it's amazing....but there's a different quality that goes into it that has his likeness.....it's the sincerity.

As you stated, Bill may not have known Infinity, but to be even compared is the ultimate compliment.

I still have my La Riqueza in a single cigar baggie that says "From Infinity".....I have to smoke that thing, he would be mad if he knew I've saved it all this time. But I just haven't been able to bring myself to light it.

I have cigars from Bill that I know will remain in the same dilemma.

I didn't know Infinity, but I know of what his reputation was and quite obviously still is here. Awesome to see Bill working in a similar way.

And now that I think of it, I still have a few sticks in my humi with the label "Bomb Bros" on them!

I had the opportunity to meet and smoke with Brian (Infinity) in Vegas and would love to sit down and enjoy a cigar with Bill. Both are selfless individuals.

The BOMB Brothers, LOL.

I wanted to get to know Brian (Infinity) before I commented here, so I took some time and read a number of his posts. From what I could tell, he had a great big heart and a sense of humor that matched... I have to say I am humbled to be mentioned in the same breath as him. I believe it is the brotherhood and fellowship, mixed with a lot of love here at CP, that fostered his attitude, and mine as well...

Thank you Jonesy, this means a hell of a lot to me...

I also see Bill just grinning ear to ear as he puts together a package for someone he has never met. His smile though cant compare to the size of the smiles on his victims.

I also see Bill just grinning ear to ear as he puts together a package for someone he has never met. His smile though cant compare to the size of the smiles on his victims.

And that right there is what its all about.

Yup, one hell of a generous, selfless and genuine BOTL for sure. I've been on the receiving end many times on and off the boards. Didn't know Brian but have read about his generosity. My wife and Bill share the same birthday and for the life of me I can't figure out why the hell they're so different!

Yup, one hell of a generous, selfless and genuine BOTL for sure. I've been on the receiving end many times on and off the boards. Didn't know Brian but have read about his generosity. My wife and Bill share the same birthday and for the life of me I can't figure out why the hell they're so different!
Why? Is Bill kind of bitchy? :eek:

And yes...... I have likened Bill to a quieter Brian! Someone who has been blessed in life and gets a lot of joy out of sharing his good fortune.

I would love to tag team his ass Brian! ;)

When I joined CP, it was shortly after Brian (Infinity) passed. What I read, and what others shared with me is something that reminds me to enjoy every waking moment.

Bill is a top notch worldclass fella.

The fact that he has reached many of us at an opportune time, that just makes it even better.

Fine examples of why CP is the best place.

C

I can certainly see how some of what Bill does can remind us of Brian. Reminds me of an old saying:

"Just "getting to give" at gift giving time is the gift that gift givers love. Cause they know that the love that they love to give gifts with is also a gift from above."

I can certainly see how some of what Bill does can remind us of Brian. Reminds me of an old saying:

"Just "getting to give" at gift giving time is the gift that gift givers love. Cause they know that the love that they love to give gifts with is also a gift from above."

Say that five times fast...

Sheesh! You guys are going a little overboard..... Pretty soon we are going to have to nickname him Beach Ball Head!