• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hat styles

What style of hat would look good on a short chubby guy?

I have been a ball cap guy since I was a teen, but these days I am thinking of changing my choice of headgear. Been trying to think of what style of hat would look good on me, but I am a complete idiot when it comes to style.

Any of you more stylish types have hat suggestions for the short and round kind of guy?

I can see why you would want to ditch the ball cap, it's hard to remain inconspicuous!

Baseball_Topper_Funny_Hat.jpg

In honor of Billy Childish and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, you should go for a deerstalker...

ElementaryWatson.jpg

Fedoras are also nice.

Doc.

Especially for those of us of Italian decent. :cool:

The one guy I used to work with always said I should get one.

Some of us latino/italian mutts look strikingly handsome in them! :D

I have a couple of fedoras someplace, but haven't worn them in a while, I wear some sort of Australian duck cowboy hat (I bought it in Canada when I got caught in the rain) when I do yard work or barbecuing in the rain.

I am follicly (is that a real word?) challenged and usually wear a hat (fedoras and newsboys lately).
Check out The Fedora Lounge (thefedoralounge.com) ...the hat lover's (and vintage lover's) counterpart to CP. My handle there is Bassman. :cool:

sml_embroidedsmoke.jpg

Seriously...that would be balls-awesome.

I'm usually decked out in a wool driving cap. You may want to try a Panama hat. That will be my next hat purchase. Parting with the money is tough, though.

TampaSupremo

I suggest a Mortar Board. Everyone will be patting you on the back, buying you drinks and wishing you luck. Plus it makes you look smart.

I see the problem you're having with the ball cap. It just doesn't help the outfit.

fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

That looks so much like one of my co-workers it is scary. ???

I have a bit of a gut, but nothing like that.

For when you want to look good.
closeupLed.jpg

And for when you want to Cowboy-it-Up
2121100270_02b1cc5770_o.jpg

I am fond of the Newsboy style caps- scottish wool plaid and the solid ones made by Kangol. They look good and do not heat up the old noggin like a ball cap :thumbs:

Nothing but Kangols for me. Although, it doesn't have to made by Kangol, but driver caps in general. Ball caps... well, the girls better be drunk, otherwise that's a no-no.

I'd go with the Kangol.